Question about Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu
Your problem description is too brief, but try the following:
- Check if your wifi is turned on (there should be a button on your laptop)
- Check if your external wifi (usb stick, or whatever you have) is installed properly
- Check your IP address, if its in the same IP-range as your router's
- Check your gateway IP
- If you have access reset your router
It should work so far by now, if not:
- Switch to roaming mode
- Try to connect your laptop through an ethernet cable, if it works find out those settings (IP, gateway etc.) and use them with your wifi thing.
If this doesn't help, there is either a problem with your router or the network must be secured.
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 04, 2016 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Nov 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 04, 2011 | ViewSonic G Tablet 101 Multitouch Android...
Apr 04, 2011 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Feb 22, 2011 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Aug 27, 2010 | Samsung Cell Phones
Oct 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 18, 2009 | Cell Phones
Apr 05, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite Pro M300-S1002X Notebook
Sep 18, 2012 | Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: