Question about Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

What is it?

I picked up a used telescope. The only markings on it are "edu science". On the focus unit body it says "DIA 75mm" & "F=700mm". Its mounted on an aluminum tripod and is motorized for up/down & swing left/right (3 speed). The tube or body is all Black @26 1/4" long by about 5" DIA. It also has a Red dot aiming sight on top. Could someone pleast tell me what model it is and where can I find a manual for it? I'v included a picture.

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Nov 21, 2008

    same problem need the manual

  • kingsfordohi Jan 30, 2009

    I have that same telescope and I need a new front lens for it where can I get one please



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,186 Answers

It's an Edmund Scientific telescope -- sort of like this one--

Call the company at the phone number on the web site above.

Posted on Dec 27, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where can i find a manual for a science tech coated optics 60mm-700mm telescope?

This youtube video should give you some idea of eye piece types and sizes and their benefits.
How to Use Telescopes Telescope Eyepieces

You should be able to use the instructions for a typical refractor type telescope. Try this site.
Support Manuals Meade Instruments

Aug 04, 2014 | Optics

1 Answer

Hi, I have an old Edu Science telescope with tripod, mini top mounted telescope/finder, and 4 other eyepieces/leses. I looked for the closes one I could find because I am missing something to allow me to...

Can you focus on a distant object during the day time? Do you still have the "diagonal" if this is a refractor style telescope? This is a diagonal it goes into the focuser and then the eyepieces go into the diagonal. Put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the diagonal and practice focusing during the day time. DO NOT USE the 2x barlow if you have one. These are diagonals.

Apr 29, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I have a edu-science telescope that connects to the internet and is powered so that it rotates and finds the stars for you. I have lost the disk that belongs to the telescope. It has Dia=76mm & F=700mm...

Contact Toys R US that sell this telescope-- or use either www.stellarium to control the scope.

The disk is not actually needed it is just a planetarium software like Stellarium. All the goto controls are inside the hand controller.

Apr 20, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

We are using an Edu-Science telescope with the number 2161002524A inscribed on the base. The lenses by themselves allow some light to come through but when I look through the telescope itself I see...

You must use the eyepieces--

Put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the telescope. DO NOT use the 2x barlow if you have one.

Practice focusing during the day time on a distant object. Read my tips on my profile page.

Feb 17, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

Need a right angle lens adapter for an Edu Science 102mm Asto Nova telescope. Where can I find one? Or should I return the whole thing?

Reflector style telescopes DO NOT need a diagonal. The eyepiece goes directly into the focuser.

Have you used the telescope with just the eyepiece? That is all you need.

Dec 30, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I cannot get the telescope to focus. How can I do this?

You did not say WHICH Edu-Science telescope you own.

However, put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the telescope focuser. You can use the small mirror diagonal if you have one-- depends on the type of telescope.

DO NOT use the 2xbarlow if you have one just the eyepiece with the largest number written on it. Take it outside during the daytime and practice focusing on a distant object at least 300 feet away.

Oct 20, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

Manual for an edu science telescope F=700mm

You will not find a manual for that telescope which is sold by Toys R Us. However Meade and Bushnell both maintain web sites with all of their telescope manuals--- here: Meade manuals Bushnell

Look around the web sites under the REFRACTOR heading for one that is similar to your telescope. They all assemble and are used the same way.

Read my TIPS on my profile page and also read this web site:

Jun 14, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I just purchased an edu science 102mm telecope. I

The end with the focuser. Then put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the focuser. I believe this model is a REFLECTOR, if it is there is a mirror in the bottom of the scope.

REFRACTORS have a lens in the front of the scope.

See this:

Then read my Frequently Asked Questions TIP on my profile page. The picture you selected shows a REFRACTOR telescope.

Mar 18, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I have just been given an EduScience reflecting telescope with tripod but with no manual or instructions. There seems not to be a seriel or model number, but it's mostly aluminium coloured with black ends...

You will not find a manual for this scope -- sold by Toys R Us by the way.

However Meade telescopes maintains a web site with all their manuals. REFLECTORS all go together in a similar fashion. Look on the web page below under REFLECTORS for a manual similar to your telescope.

maybe this one???

Feb 28, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

Damage to the lip (end) of telecope edu science 102mm astri-nova. can this be ordered ?

You mean the focuser end? I suppose?

You will not be able to order a "part" but you might be able to find a complete new focuser assembly. Here:

But notice that a new focuser probably costs more than the entire telescope! It may also be possible to straighten out the lip by taking the scope to a metal shop -- or car body shop.

You can try calling the manufacturer, but I doubt they will be able to get you a new focuser at a reasonable price-- compared to the total cost of the scope.

Next time do not buy a telescope from Toys R Us. Read my telescope buying TIPS in my profile.

Jan 05, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

Not finding what you are looking for?
Edu-Science (10166) Telescope Logo

400 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Edu-Science Optics Experts

Joe Lalumia aka...
Joe Lalumia aka...

Level 3 Expert

3186 Answers

Craig Butler
Craig Butler

Level 3 Expert

1723 Answers

john cordey
john cordey

Level 3 Expert

720 Answers

Are you an Edu-Science Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides