Question about Computers & Internet
Try to install the keyboard software if available. If the issue persists, the k/b is faulty. It would be cheaper to buy a new k/b that to try and fix it.
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Let's remove the keyboard. Insert a flat head screwdriver between the keyboard bezel and laptop case and carefully lift up the bezel. Remove the bezel.
You'll find two screws securing the keyboard. Remove both screws.
Now carefully lift up the keyboard. You'll see the default memory module under the keyboard, right above the touch pad buttons. It's possible to replace the memory module without disconnecting the keyboard.
Disconnect the keyboard . Simply grab the blue tag attached to the keyboard connector and pull it up. Now you can remove the keyboard.
So now with removed keyboard you can clean it .
Jan 22, 2013 | Dell Latitude D610 Laptop Computer -...
Nov 30, 2012 | HP 646125-001 - Keyboard Tm - Us
Feb 24, 2011 | Samsung Pleomax PKB-700B Keyboard
How to fix Keyboard problems:
1. Due to wear and tear, the keys for certain characters on a keyboard will wear out. This happens for more commonly used characters. If the problem is due to loose or improper contact, you can try to fix the key back. If this does not work, you can replace the key with a new key purchased from a computer store. Love your keyboard by handling it gentle.
2. Sometimes the keyboard drivers can get corrupted. You need to change them or test the driver.
Go to My Computer :::>Hardware:::>Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Hardware:::> uninstall keyboard. Restart the computer, the keyboard should get reinstalled automatically.The keyboard should start working again. If not so get keyboard drivers by updating windows or manufacturer web site.
Always use computer or antivirus protection - run a free computer antivirus scan or any other anti-virus since virus can corrupt system files. get one now!
3. Try to swap the keyboard with another keyboard which works properly on another computer. If the alternate keyboard has the same problem, there may be a problem with the keyboard circuit on motherboard.
If the alternate keyboard works properly, check if the keyboard cable is properly connected, whether wires in the keyboard cable are connected properly.
4. Open out the keyboard and check if the keyboard fuse is working. If the fuse has blown, replace it with another fuse of the same rating and size.
5. If you spill water or any liquid on the keyboard, switch off the computer immediately. Unplug the keyboard, turn the keyboard upside down and keep it out for drying either in the sun or under a fan. If some other sticky fluid has been spilled on the keyboard, use a moist cotton swab or ear bud to clean computer or wipe away the fluid. Only when it is completely dry, (it will take a minimum of 24 hours depending on the weather), connect the keyboard back to your computer.
6. For USB keyboard change the USB ports or unplug the keyboard from the USB port then plug it back until it responds or detected. Usually the keyboard led(indicator) lighting up should show a successful connection.
7. Set the speed of character repeatation. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
8. Set the blinking rate of cursor. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
9. Go for a typing course or tutorial on how to use keboard features.
10. For discolouration or fading of white keyboard. Use good computer cleaners,soft cloth, whiteners or vinegar mixed with water to keep the original white colour or clean. don't use bleach or rough material to clean. disconnect the power supply. switching to good black keyboard can comfort you.
Dec 27, 2010 | Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop
Nov 13, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jan 05, 2010 | Logitech Wireless Access Duo Optical...
Oct 30, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1526 Laptop
Sep 10, 2009 | Gateway 2520915 Keyboard
Jun 16, 2009 | Dell Keyboard for Inspiron 1420, 1520,...
Apr 01, 2008 | HP Compaq Business Notebook NX9010
May 21, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: