Question about Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Optiplex GX260 NO driver for Video card.
This Machine has Winxp before - now Windows vista -
but I could not find display drivers on the Dell site.
How can I get driver for vista?
I tried numerous solutions for this issue and none of them worked except this one. I tested it with Vista Ultimate and don’t know if other Vista versions have the same drivers but here’s what worked for me:
1. Right click ‘Computer’ then left click ‘Properties’ to open up System window.
2. Click ‘Device Manager’
3. Click ‘+’ on ‘Display Adapters’ and you should see the drivers for your video. Right click and select ‘Update Driver Software...’
4. Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and click ‘next’.
5. Click ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’
6. Untick ‘Show compatible hardware’
7. Select ‘Intel Corporation’ then select ‘Intel 82865G’. Click next
This will install the drivers. No they are not the same drivers for the hardware but they work a treat!
- Lorenzo Rubbo
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
just checking through internet and looks like gx260 is not compatable with vista:
vista logo compatable: no
upgrade reccomended: no
Requires Intel Network Adapter update not included on RTM media. Video support is marginal at best. However, installation is functional. thats what i found! Hope it helps
Posted on Nov 02, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 14, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Aug 23, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Aug 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 23, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
May 27, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Apr 23, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Nov 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 07, 2008 | Dell OptiPlex GX270 PC Desktop
May 05, 2008 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
1,024 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: