Question about Washing Machines
SOURCE: changing drive belt
ensure that the tensioner pulley wheel is also part of the belt loop and that it is properly sprung to take up slack. sometimes, this pulley looks good mounted in reverse, giving no tension to belt. try it the other way, against the spring force.
Posted on Sep 24, 2007
remove the rear panel screws, remove side panels, pull drum backwards, slide belt down front of drum and under, refit rear panel screws refitting drum at the same time, place belt around motor spindle and reasemble, job done.
Posted on Dec 25, 2007
SOURCE: Replacing the Drive Belt
I am not an expert but I do have a Hotpoint 9334 Tumble Dryer which I guess is similar to the 9314.
To replace belt or heater element you must remove the front panel complete with door.
Screws are different sizes in different places so note where they belong as you remove them.
1. Remove 2 screws at rear top which go through the brackets holding the top panel, slide back the top panel a little and lift it off.
2. Pull off the rotary timer knob and remove 2 screws beneath.
3. This is the tricky bit! Remove the the plastic panel which covers the switches etc.. This panel has 5 plastic fingers which secure it to the metal plate behind, locate the ends of the fingers where they pass through the metal plate. Using a metal rod or punch and a hammer, tap the ends of the fingers to push them back through the holes easing each in turn a little at a time to avoid distorting the plastic unduly. (This is a bit scary as you have to hit them quite hard and the fingers look fragile)
4. Open the door and remove the 4 screws then remove 3 screws at the top and 3 screws at the bottom of the front panel. Lift and ease forward the front panel, unhook the door catch release wire, pull off the electrical connectors and put the front panel aside.
5. Lay the machine on its back and remove 1 screw holding the element housing to the top plate and pull off the electrical connectors.
6. Fit the belt around the drum, through the idler pulleys and over the motor spindle.
7. Put it all back together.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
unplug the dryer,
220v is not fun
dryers are generic inside, regardless of maker
while you got it apart to replace the belt is a good time to clean out exhaust vent pipes and the squirrel cage fan, no lint, better air flow, less $$ to run
the tensioner may push Up on the lower run.
plug in mains
takes longer to type than to do
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
SOURCE: fitting tumble dryer drive belt
Looking from rear of dryer,one spring on motor is for tension,therefore put belt around drum(groove to the drum surface).Then rotate the motor firmly clockwise tensioning the spring,take belt from right of drum over tension wheel then put grooves of belt on shaft of motor.Release motor to tension spring,job done !!!!!
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 12, 2013 | Hotpoint TVF770 Tumble Dryer
Aug 06, 2013 | Dryers
Jan 17, 2013 | Hotpoint Belt Drum Drive for VTD00, VTD20,...
Feb 24, 2011 | Dryers
Mar 23, 2010 | Hotpoint Dryers
Jan 18, 2010 | Dryers
Jan 02, 2010 | Dryers
Sep 09, 2009 | Dryers
Apr 06, 2008 | Dryers
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!