Question about Sony DVP-C650D Multi-disc DVD Player
Sony has designed this player so it cannot have the region code changed, it is hard wired into the board as part of their copy protection scheme.
Most users have rated this player as 'junk' (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) and should be replaced.
Maybe you can sell it on Ebay.
My suggestion is that the less expensive the player the better off you will be in the long run as the cheaper brands and models use DVD drives meant for PCs and Macs. More expensive models have proprietary drives, such as Sony, and cannot be manipulated and are not very versatile in recording media and or playing copyright hacked copies of DVDs even if you own the original DVD but has been scratched.
The courts are still trying to figure out these protection measures as they are not fair use in terms of you the owner of a DVD and wanting to make your own backup copy for the kids to use.
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
SOURCE: Sony DVP FX 720
I have not got a problem with the screen, it works fine, I just want to make it multi regional, so need the codes for it please?, and the player type is SONY DVP FX 720
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
1. Switch on the player
2; open the CD compartment
3. Enter the following code (using the remote): 2812
4. Highlight the region
5. Change to 9 (for Multi-region) using the 'Enter' button
6. Hit 'Clear' to exit
check with different region DVD
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
SOURCE: Sony DVP-NS400D
• Turn On the unit with the remote controller
• Wait until "no disc" appears in the unit's display
• Press Pause, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9
• The word "CODE" should appear in the display
• Within five seconds, press the key that corresponds to the zone you want i.e. 0 for region free, 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2 and so on
• Again, within 5 seconds, press Pause and Power
hope it helps!
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2012 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
May 29, 2012 | Sony DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Jul 15, 2011 | Sony DVP-FX820 DVD Player
May 15, 2010 | Sony DVP-NS330 DVD Player
Nov 01, 2009 | Sony DVP-FX810 Portable DVD Player
Sep 04, 2009 | Sony DVP-NS67P DVD Player
Jul 30, 2009 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Jun 23, 2009 | Sony DVP-FX720 Portable DVD Player
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: