Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Trying to put the wireless router on the laptop and it won't load on.
You may configure your router without using the cd.
Using an ethernet cable, connect the router and the laptop so that you can configure it for internet connection.
1. check physical connection. modem to internet port of router. laptop to numbered port of the router.
2. check lights.
3. on your laptop go to the command prompt. (type cmd on the run window)
4. type ipconfig/all on the black screen
5. look for ip address. IP address should be in this range 192.168.0.*
6. open your internet explorer browser then type http://192.168.0.1
7. type admin on the username then password or 1234 on the password box.
8. configure the router for dsl or cable connection. don't forget to save
9. check if you have internet connection. if not, power cycle the modem and router.
10. once you're online, go to wireless tab. set your ssid (any name you want). set your encryption (either wep or wpa) don't forget to save
11. unplug the ethernet cable from the laptop and the router.
12. if the wireless card of the laptop is configured, you may click the wireless connection icon at the system tray (near the clock). enter your ssid and encryption.
13. you should have internet connection.
Posted on Nov 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2013 | Linksys (WRT54GC) Router
Aug 24, 2012 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jul 22, 2012 | Linksys WRH54G Wireless Router
Jul 11, 2012 | Linksys Routers
May 30, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 03, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 26, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Feb 09, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: