Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
What printer do you have? Clean heads, clean heads, clean heads, etc. Then do the test print to see if the heads are open. I had similar problem with an Epson, had to clean the heads often, finally got to where the heads wouldn't clean so threw it away and bought another one (HP this time, the heads are included in the ink carts, haven't had to clean the heads at all.)
Posted on Nov 02, 2008
SOURCE: black cartridge emptied half way
Routine maintenance and keeping full ink tanks will prevent this problem, however if you have the problem you can resolve it by doing the following:
1. Clean your ip3000 print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to usea pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3.Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent aeound it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, slternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be carefull not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY,with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your ip3000 in new condition.
Happy Printing .
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
SOURCE: Empty ink cartridge message
I replaced the old cartridge with a new one (Magenta) and it still asks me to replace it with a new cartridge.
For 1 colour which is LOW, it stopped me completely from PRINTING or COPYING at all.
Any clues how to fix this?
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
Could have a corrupt driver.
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and when the CD software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
SOURCE: Printing in just black and white
My Epsom DX8400 Produces a printed Black and white photo with a Green or Blue colour in it. Can the modern Printers print the old Black and White photo's?
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
Yes you do have to replace EMPTY ones to print but take a look here FIRST to see if there is anything that may help you
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 27, 2011 | HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
Jul 19, 2011 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 30, 2011 | HP PhotoSmart C4385 All-in-One Printer
Jan 21, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 14, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
Jun 12, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 10, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
733 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!