Question about LG LRM1250 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

No heating My Microwave suddenly stopped after i set a 10 Min. long heating. I found a blown main fuse 10 A. and replaced it. Now it starts and spin the inner plate. However no heat is produced. Can someone please help me?

Posted by on

  • plastic Jul 17, 2008

    I have an LG LRM1250 that won't heat. I have 115VAC to the primary of the transformer and 3-4VAC across the filament taps. Resistance is less than 0.1 ohm across the magnetron terminals and infinity from each terminal to ground. HV transformer tap to ground is ~90 ohm. Diode is ~50Kohm/infinity. Resistance between each capacitor terminal and the case is infinity. The ohm meter deflects then returns to infinity as I switch the leads back and forth across the capacitor terminals. Energizing the transformer while the magnetron is disconnected results in the capacitor holding a charge.

    The oven is only two years old and the cooking power never decreased before it just stopped heating. I suspect the magnetron, but it appears to test ok and it appears to be in good physical condition. Anyone have any ideas?

×

Ad

3 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 175 Answers

Maytag has been switching a lot of these out for new units, don't know if they are not fixable, or if the techs they send are just too lazy to pull em down and check em out. Ive got one apart right now and have narrowed the problem down to the diode or the magnetron. The part #'s are 53001549(mag) and r0131275(diode) at www.1stsourceparts.com If you are going to guess, the diode is probably a lot cheaper. Good luck!

Posted on Oct 03, 2006

Ad
  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • LG Master
  • 9,125 Answers

It's almost certainly a problem related to the magnetron. The magnetron may be blown, or the high voltage connection on the magnetron may be loose. If it's the former, a new magnetron would be needed. That is usually expensive, and rarely worth it for a counter top oven. If it's the latter, one would pull the connector, clean it of any corrosion, tighten it and reconnect. I would honestly recommend this job to a pro since you'd be working in the high voltage area. If the unit is still under warranty, you're in luck. I would call a servicer who's warranty-authorized for LG microwaves.

Posted on Sep 22, 2006

Ad
  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 3,130 Answers

Most likly the High Voltage diode or capcitor is bad.

Posted on Sep 22, 2006

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Whirlpool over the counter microwave stopped working


SEE THE steps and fix it. and diagrams attached.use the DVOM.God bless you

Line Fuse


Every microwave oven has a line fuse. This fuse is designed to blow if too much current is drawn through the microwave circuitry. The fuse can be replaced, but the underlying issue should still be investigated and resolved. Otherwise the new fuse will blow also.
Main Control Board


If the microwave is not working the main control board may be defective. This is not common. When a microwave stops working the problem is usually the line fuse or within the high voltage circuit; either the high voltage capacitor, diode, transformer or magnetron.


Thermal Fuse


If the microwave is not working the thermal fuse may have blown. It can be tested for continuity. Watch our fuse testing video for more information.
Thermoprotector


If the microwave is not working the thermoprotector may have tripped. This is a safety device to prevent the microwave from overheating. It can be tested for continuity to see if it's blown2_6_2013_8_43_03_pm.gif2_6_2013_8_43_37_pm.jpg

Feb 06, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I was heating my tea and I heard a loud pop and the unit turned off...I thought I had blown a fuse and went out and checked fuse box..flipped all fuses and microwave still not turning on at all...micorwave...


The description you provide indicates the magnetron has failed, "heats food" and blown the main fuse in the microwave oven, since the unit is 10 years old it is much cheaper to replace with a new one rather than have it repaired.

May 15, 2011 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven

1 Answer

E-Wave over the range microwave has blown main fuse


My Ewave has stopped heating eventho it appears to be running. Is is possible the power has been reduced or does the microwave need to be replaces

Nov 16, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Microwave Oven has died


Hi.
Check continuity of this 10A fuse to see if it's blown.

What is most likely to have happened, is that an internal short has happened inside the main transformer. These cannot be rectified, and often means scrapping the complete item due to cost of replacement.
However - if you can find another microwave with a different fault - just remove the good transformer.

Checking the transformer for a short at high voltage is not recommended.
You could try a spare 10A fuse as a start point (probably a leaded type) - but expect it to blow again. DON'T go higher or omit !

Sep 30, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave wont run, displays E 10 on the screen and also microwave fault, press stop to acknowledge, just changed the door.


e 10 is the internal safety fuse has blown this often happens if door is altered for any reason moving the door can effect the setting of the monitor switches these are set to a high tolerance to avoid operation of microwave with door open changing the door has shifted these settings and blown the fuse, replacing the fuse may be enough to get it going but it should be checked for leakage.

Jun 11, 2009 | Neff H5470 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Emerson Microwave (mw8992rd) not heating up


I have replaced the main fuse on this model. Though blown main fuses are common in this model, it will not even turn on when they blow, so your problem is most likely NOT a blown fuse. I had heard of your problem so, when replacing the main fuse inside one, I looked for additional fuses and saw none. The store was wrong. Even if it were a fuse, the security Torx screws mean that you couldn't replace the fuse anyway.

This microwave seems to have been haphazarly been recommended by Consumer Reports, but it is terribly unreliable. The turntables break when popping popcorn, the main fuse repeatedly blows, and they also stop heating.

Oct 19, 2008 | Emerson MW8985W Microwave Oven

2 Answers

MICROWAVE WILL NOT HEAT


In my case I found an additional fuse, a high tension fuse (5KV 0.8A) in a white on-line isolation slave next to the transformer.
The fuse was blown.
I guess replacing it should solve the problem.

Oct 07, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Microwave troubleshooting...


My GE spacesaver microwave all of a sudden stopped heating up things. The lights, fan, turntable, etc. work, but nothing is heating up. Any suggestions?

Oct 23, 2007 | Whirlpool GH8155XM Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Blown fuse


Be doubly sure your microwave is unplugged first, of course! Be sure the fuse is not loose in the holder. If you can rotate it in the holder easily with just a thumb and finger, then it's too loose and the holder should also be replaced. That looseness causes a heat buildup, which makes the fuse melt open inside over time. If the new fuse blows as soon as you hit START then you likely have a shorted high-voltage capacitor. If it blows again a few seconds or minutes after you hit START, then you likely have a bad high-voltage transformer or magnetron. It's not inherently unsafe to replace a fuse, as long as you heed the safety rules. The microwave does contain and prodcue voltages that can be instantly lethal. Feel free to see my safety info via my listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Dec 29, 2006 | Kenmore 80882 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LRM1250 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

214 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9125 Answers

Steve Allison
Steve Allison

Level 3 Expert

5569 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1689 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...