Question about Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Error message 50
Confirm Success on a 440CN
1) Remove Plastic wire covers from inside printers, and release plastic stay on lower edge, tilt cover to 90 Degrees
2) make a note of where each connector goes
3) release the Ribbon and 3 Multicore cables, removing grounding screw, then remove scanner module by sliding it off the hinges at 90 degrees.
4) Remove Three Front Panel Screws, carefully leaver front panel upwards releasing front side clips.
5) Remove front panel by disconnecting ribbon and wireing on both sides.
6) Remove 6 Screws (2 on back, three at front and one middle right
7) Carefully remove speaker cable (Red Connector) and lift up plastic casing, leaving printer uncovered.
8) Re-Seat Encoder Strip into guide. (The Transparent strip)
9) Re-assemble in reverse and Hey Presto.
All Cured. Hopefully!
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
I have replaced all of the cartridge, and it's still saying replace black; or near empty,or no cartridge. I have taken them out put them back in; I have unpluged it and still nothing. What should I do?
Posted on Oct 24, 2008
Machine error 50 is a error in Purge unit.You can't fix it by yourself and your printer need service.In most case the cost of repair is more than cost of new printer.
Posted on Nov 03, 2009
Unplug the printer from power cord.Press and hold the "menu" button, then plug the device.You'll see on the LCD screen a "machine error" code.If this code is 40,41,49 or 4F the print head is defective.If the error is 48 -defective print head cable or circuit board.If the error is 50 or 51 there is error in Purge unit and printer require service.If the error is 46 the waste ink tank is full.Follow this:
Enter 80, then scroll down with the arrow down (round) key. You'll find an entry listed as purge count. If number is over 6000, enter 2 7 8 3.This will reset the purge count value. Then restart the printer, hopefully without the annoying cannot clean message.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 25, 2010 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 11, 2010 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 25, 2009 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 23, 2009 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 16, 2009 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 17, 2008 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 12, 2007 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
286 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!