Question about Vizio L37 Television
After selecting channel 12, any channel i go to after this the brightness level is at maxium, then changes back to normal level after 2-3 sec. This happens on the "TV" setting, not "DTV" or "Digital HD". Any suggestions? I contacted tech support and they suggested the following:
Dear Vizio Customer,
I have reviewed email regards to your VIZIO TV, model #L37, here is some information for you:
1. Reset the TV:
1) Reset all settings:
a. Press the MENU button on your Remote Control, OSD displays;
b. Press button to display Setup page;
c. Press button to highlight Reset All settings;
d. Press button to start reset.
2) AC reset: Unplug the AC cord of TV for about 15 minutes and plug it back.
2. Please check if the buttons on the side of the panel work.
3. Rescan the channels:
Auto Search only functional in TV input, please press TV button on your remote control to ensure your TV is in TV input. And then rescan channels as follows:
a. Press MENU button, OSD(on screen display) displays.
b. Press button to display the TV page.
c. Press button to choose Cable or Air(Antenna) depending upon which equipment you have attached to the DTV / TV Input.
d. Press MENU button again.
e. Press button to highlight the Auto Search.
f. Press button to Auto Search for TV channels available. The TV will automatically search for analog and digital channels.
g. Wait for a while and don't press any button. When TV finish searching the channels, press EXIT to quit.
- i tried this, however after leaving the TV unplugged for 20 mins, the TV still contained the memory of my privious saved channels. so, i don't think what they suggested worked.
SOURCE: dtv frozen
I had a similar problem and the way to solve this is to reset the set from the remote. Set TV to standby and press Info, menu, mute then power. The set should turn on with the service menu available scroll down until you select reset press right hand arrow next to enter and then enter. TV will turn off. When switched on it goes into Plug and Play mode to reset the analogue and digital tuner. Allow a full reset then you should be ok.
Posted on Oct 19, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2015 | Televison & Video
Mar 30, 2014 | Vizio Televison & Video
Dec 26, 2013 | ViewSonic N3735W 37 in. LCD TV
Summary of picture settings
The following picture settings can be confi gured. Depending on the
format of the picture source, some picture settings are not available.
• [Auto Picture]: Sets all picture settings to the factory default.
• [Brightness]: Adjusts the intensity and details of dark areas.
• [Contrast]: Adjusts the intensity of bright areas, keeping dark areas
• [Color]: Adjusts color saturation.
• [Tint]: Adjusts the color balance in an image.
• [Sharpness]: Adjusts the level of sharpness in image details.
• [Color Temperature]: To set the color temperature to [Normal],
[Warm] or [Cool].
Summary of sound settings
The following sound settings can be confi gured. Depending on the
sound source, some sound settings are not available.
• [Auto Sound]: Sets all sound settings to the factory default.
• [Equalizer]: Adjusts individual sound frequencies.
• [Virtual Surround Sound]: This selects the modes for more spatial
or surround sound reproduction.
• [Auto Volume Leveling]: Reduces sudden changes in volume, for
example, during commercials or when switching channels. Select
[On] or [Off].
• [TV Speakers]: Select [On] or [Off], or output sound to an
EasyLink compliant device. When [Speakers EasyLink] is selected,
the TV speakers are disabled and TV sound outputs to the speakers
of the compatible EasyLink compliant device. Adjust the volume
using the unit's remote control.
Mar 08, 2011 | Philips 32PFL3505D 32 in LCD TV
This power saving feature reduces the backlight
brightness level. The options are:
• OFF-the feature is off and the power consumption
• LOW-power saving level is low and the backlight
brightness level is lower than normal.
• HIGH-power saving level is high and the backlight
brightness is set to the lowest level.
1 Use the CURSOR Up or Down keys to highlight
Energy Saver. Press ENTER.
2 Use the CURSOR Up or Down keys to select Off, Low,
NOTE:The Energy Saver settings level varies with
the Picture / Sound mode.
Feb 20, 2011 | Sanyo 42 in. LCD TV
Feb 04, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 18, 2011 | Samsung LA40A450 40 in. LCD TV
Sep 07, 2010 | Panasonic Televison & Video
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!