I have a Kenmore portable diswaher, digital and dial, about 2 years old, bought new. The soap door no longer pops open when it's supposed to, I have to open the machine and release the soap door at the appropriate time. It worked fine for about a year then this started. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?? Thanks!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try using the soap tablets instead. The frigidaire units use a small cylinder to actuate the soap dispenser and if just a little too much soap is used the latch will bind and not release. Alternatively, make sure the dispenser is only about half to 2/3 full if you need to use powder detergent. This is a common problem with the frigidaire/ whirlpool/galax/kenmore models. Hope this is useful.
Dishwashers use Bi-Metal strip to allow the dispenser to open/close. This strip when heat up causes the soap door spring to open up the dispenser. If this strip is not heated doesn't allow the door to open. The strip may not be getting 120V or maybe disconnected. Newer (plastic liner) Maytag dishwashers use a wax motor to open the soap dispenser. The plunger inside the wax motor slowly moves and pushes the plunger and door open. And, if this wax motor doesn't receive 120 volts, then it'll not work. Please check the voltage to the wax motor/Bi-metal strip; also inspect the connections to these. Hope this helps...
Well you can please follow the below steps - 1. Remove any dishes in the dishwasher. Unhook the dishwasher's dish trays or racks from their tracks, and set aside. Empty the soap dispenser if it contains unused soap that failed to dispense. Use a wet rag to wipe down the interior of the dishwasher, as well as the inside of the dispenser.
2. Close the dispenser, and shut the dishwasher door. Turn the dishwasher on to a manual setting, then stop it and open the appliance. Check to see if the dispenser is open. If it is, continue to Step 2. If the dispenser is closed, skip to Step 4.
3. Switch dishwasher soap. Some dishwasher dispensers have difficulty with dry or liquid dishwashing soap, depending on the make and model of your dishwasher. Incompatibilities typically result in the dispenser sticking shut, which explains why the dispenser opens when empty. Switch to liquid soap if you are using dry powder soap, or vice versa.
4. Check the dishwasher soap dispenser's spring. The spring is located behind the dispenser top's hinge. Consult your dishwasher's original manufacturer's manual or user guide to find a replacement spring. Pop the old spring out with a screwdriver, and replace with a new spring. This should resolve any issues related to the dispenser failing to open. Please post comments if you need more help or information..........
is your soap door open when this happens if it is then make sure there's no water or other liquids in the dispenser from loading the washer one tablespoon of water in there will clump up the soap and it won't drop when it pops open
I have a 1 year old whirlpool that had this problem ... items in silverware
compartment were blocking the soap door. when we opened the DW, the
soap door was open, but could not open properly during the cycle due
to kitchen utensils in the way ... took a while to figure this our as
it was intermitent (both the problem ... and us putting tall stuff in
front of the soap door). Our soap door needs 3.5" of free space in
front of it ... I think it's a design flaw. Good luck.
I had the same problem with my GE Adora. The dishes were getting cloudy and the soap dispenser would not open. Turns out the hard water deposits were causing the soap dispenser to stick shut. I purchased and used Dishwasher Magic which is a dishwasher cleaner designed to remove limescale, rust and buildup. I used as directed and now my dishes are sparkling and the soap dispenser pops right open.