Question about Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
This may be due to communication issue. Below link may be able to help you to resolve this issue..
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
Error 1203 is either when a cartridge is dirty or damaged ...... Try cleaning the copper on the ink cartridge and cart slot in the printer and try again.
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
Error 1203 is a bit of a generic cartridge issue. If this is a new printer and these are new cartridges, the most likely cause is defective cartridges, they do happen from time to time with new printers. It is also possible that there's a communication issue in the cartridge bay in your printer. Personally, I wouldn't try to do these diagnosing steps (Short of checking for any obvious mistakes). Since this printer is brand new, I would put it back in the box and return it for an immediate replacement. Some retailers would try to find any way to discredit your return right, the aim would be to give them as little ammunition as possible. To try and self troubleshoot the cartridge, first make sure they are inserted correctly. First, ensure you removed the tape from the contacts on the cartridge from its package. Make sure when you snap the cartridge in, it doesn't appear loose or easy to shake in the cradle. If you're still getting the error, remove the cartridge and check for any residual ink. If ink is present (appearing to leak in any form), it's possible this is causing the error. You can try cleaning the cartridge, a safe solution to use would be a light application of methylated spirits on a cloth that doesn't disintegrate. Holding the cartridge at its sides, you can run the cartridge in a vertical motion on the cloth. Horizontal motions can potentially damage the cartridge. You can also check the contacts on the printer (This is, the gold circuits where the cartridge touches the printer in the cradle). If ink appears on this, this can also be causing the issue. You would need to use an electrical safe contact cleaner (A very light amount) and a safe cloth to clean it with. Anything that can leave particles would be unsafe to use. Make sure to let the solution dry before reinserting the cartridge. Hope everything works out.
Posted on Jan 24, 2007
SOURCE: Lexmark 4200 Series printer/fax
Tried what blkghost suggested above but had to tweak his advice slightly.
Turn off power to the printer and unplug it from the back of the printer.
Insert the power cord back into the printer. You will hear some clicks and motors moving. Pull out the cord again when this happens.
Open the cartridge bay by pulling the face forward and lifting the bay door up. The cartridge carousel most likely will not come to the center.
trying physically pulling the carousel to the middle. (NOT BY THE RIBBON CABLE) If you can not pull it to the middle push it far right as possible. Listen for a click.
After pushing to the right and hearing a click you should then be able to pull the carousel towards the middle easily. Remove the ink cartridges and power up the printer again.
You will receive an error along the lines of black cartridge missing. Open the bay, insert the cartridges, close the bay.
YAY problem fixed.
Posted on Mar 20, 2008
SOURCE: Error 1203
The error 1203 error message on the operator panel could indicate a problem with one of the ink cartridges. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Please make sure the All-In-One is powered on.
2. Pull the control panel towards you, and then open the cartridge access door. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position.
3. Pull the old cartridges towards you, and then lift them out.
4. With the cartridges out of the printer, shut the access door and the control panel.
5. Power the printer OFF and then back ON.
6. Please check the operator panel to see if the same error has returned or if a new message has appeared.
7. If the message displayed is 1203, there is something wrong with the printer hardware.
If the message now displaying is Cartridge Missing, do the following:
1. Reinstall the cartridges into the printer.
2. Insert the color cartridge in the left carrier. Insert the black cartridge in the right carrier.
3. Push back firmly on the cartridges until they snap securely into place.
4. Close the cartridge access door, and then close the control panel.
5. If the 1203 message is still present on the operator panel, you need to insert one cartridge at a time to determine which cartridge is producing the failure.
6. With one cartridge in the carrier, close the access door and control panel.
7. Please check the operator panel. If the 1203 error is displayed, this cartridge is the defective item. If the Cartridge Missing message is displayed, the second cartridge is producing the failure.
8. Please replace the defective cartridge.
Posted on May 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 12, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 04, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 06, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 08, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 10, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 29, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!