Question about Kenwood KDC-119 CD Player
Just bought a 1997 Malibu and the car stereo has bad reception over the radio. I was thinking maybe the stereo is not connected to the antenna properly. So how do I check this out and rewire?
Problem: Radio Reception is bad to non-existant. AM is usually worse than FM.
Reason: Antenna connector has come loose, and needs to be reconnected. This happens when a passenger pushes the carpet toward the firewall and disconnects the plug.
Affected Model Years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
1. First check to make sure the antenna at the back of the radio has not come loose.
2. Remove the plastic cover on the front passenger door threshold held in place by three pressure clips.
3. Peel back the carpet on the front seat passenger floor.
4. Locate the coax antenna cable running along the side.
5. Reconnect the two pieces of antenna that have come loose.
6. Roll the carpet back, and re-install the threshold cover.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2012 | 1997 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 14, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 22, 2010 | 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Oct 18, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Altima
Jul 11, 2009 | Corvette Chevy Malibu 90-04 Car Radio...
447 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: