Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
I am trying to connect my sons xbox live to a wireless network. I have plugged in the adapater into the xbox and I have set the settings in the xbox live. The test has failed because it needs the maximum transmission unit on the router to be set to 1364. I havea linksys wr54g router. How do i check the mtu on the router?
To change the router's MTU, do the following steps.
1. Open Internet Explorer and type http://192.1680.1.1 on the address bar
2. It will prompt you for username and password. By default, no username and password is admin. If the default password didn't work, try to type your own password for the router.
3. When you get to the setup page, under the Setup Tab, look for MTU. By default it is set to Auto 1500. Just click on Manual and set your preferred value.
4. Click on Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
You're all set.
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | D-Link DI-624 Air Plus XtremeG Wireless...
you have all the wireless settings of the router, you are ready to
connect the play station or the x-box to the wireless network.
On the x-box you will need to connect to the wireless network now.
Open the main Interface of the X-Box.
1. In the Xbox Dashboard, go to My Xbox and open System Settings.
2. Select Network Settings, Configure Network.
3. On the Basic Settings tab, select your wireless settings.
the name (SSID) of your wireless network. If your router isn't
broadcasting your network's name, select Specify Unlisted Network and
enter the name.
5. If your network has wireless security, enter your WEP or WPA key.
6. Try to connect to Xbox LIVE again.
Trouble connecting to the internet on X-box ,Play station or WII ?
You can try to reduce the MTU settings on the router. if the MTU on the router is set to 1500 then change the MTU to 1365. Also you will need to open the ports on the router.
For X-box port numbers are - 53, 80-88, 3074 .
Jan 23, 2011 | Routers
Jan 15, 2011 | Routers
Jan 17, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Jan 10, 2010 | Netopia 2247NWG-VGx Wireless Router...
Dec 28, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed ProLine 6100 Router...
Aug 17, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 21, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 28, 2008 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!