My printer was working fine until I had problems with my pc. HAd to do a system recovery and now everything is working fine, but my printer. when it says new hardware found and I am ready to reinstall hardware for printer a message appears File HPO 72003.qpd on pdl_common is needed. What do I do. It starts installing info then halfway through this message comes up. Do I need to order a disk to reinstall?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to replace the Black cartridge, as it appears the colour one is fine. Look in the printer options on your PC for a display of ink levels, and you'll probably find the black down to zero. If you've used generic cartridges, not genuine HP, you may find the printer can't actually read the ink levels.
the touch screen on my hp is showing only black. it has a orange exclamation flashing and the manuel only says there is a error if you see this exclamation, Helpful!! I tryed to unplug everything and restart, didn't work still black and not working. any thoughts?
Many issues are caused when the HP Photosmart is connected to computer using a USB cable before the HP Photosmart software is installed on the computer. IF you connected the HP Photo smart to your computer before the software installation screen prompts you to do so, you must follow these steps.
Troubleshooting common setup issues :
1) Discoonect the USB cable from the computer.
2) Uninstall the software (if you have already installed it.)
3) Restart you computer.
4) Turn off the HP Photosmartm wait one minute then turn it on.
5) Reinstall the HP Photosmart software.
If your installation is incomplete, or if you connected the USB cable to the computer before prompted by the software installation screen, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the software. Do not simply delete the Hp Photosmart application files from your computer. Make sure to remove them properly using the uninstall utility provided when you installed the software that came with the HP Photosmart.
To uninstall from a Window computer and then reinstall
1) On the Windows taskbar, click Start, Settings, Control Panel (or just Control Panel).
2) Double-click Add/Remove Programs (or click Uninstall a program).
3) Select HP Photosmart Driver Software, and then click Change/ Remove.
Follow the onscreen instructions.
4) Disconnect the HP Photosmart from your computer.
5) Restart your computer.
Note : It is important to that you disconnect the HP Photosmart before restaring your computer. Do not connect the HP Photosmart to your computer untill after you have reinstalled the software.
6) Insert the HP Photosmart CD-ROM into your computer's CD-ROM drive and then start the Setup program,
7) Follow the onscreen instructions and the instructions provided in the Setup Guide that came with the HP Photosmart.
i do not have areason for why the printer continuously goes offline but there is a way to put it temporarily back online. Go to printers in the control panel. right click on d7260 and click on use printer online. This only seems to work for one or two docs before you have to repeat the process.
i suggest that you'll just reinstall the drivers for your HP photosmart D7260
1. go to support.hp.com
2. then select
the language you prefer
Software and Driver Downloads, then type HP photosmart D7260 into the text box and
proceed to next page
4. then select HP photosmart D7260
select your operating system
6. then choose the type of driver that you
want to install (be careful on choosing the operating system because it will cause a blue screen error on your computer if the driver is not compatible with your operating system, so be careful!)
Thanks! I know it will work. Be Positive! Your good rating will be very much appreciated.