- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
go to profile settings on your phone. select the current profile you are using which is general, then scroll down you will see message alert tone. choose gallery or memory card and select the song you want.
you may try to do these steps.
1. press menu
2. select settings
3. select phone profiles
4. press and select the >> (double arrow) normal profile or what ever profile you have chosen.
5. beside the normal mode you will see there a drop down list, a box with down solid arrow
6. press that box and it will give you the least of options
7. select new messages
8. under new messages settings you will have a list of options,
9. select and press message alert tone and browse for the files stored in your memory card.
10. press save and exit the setup.
>> you don't need to copy or move the files you want as text alert tone for it will move automatically once you assigned it as message tone.
>>to check if your files has been moved, from your menu, press my files, filter your files through drop down list, select phone memory, it will give you the list of files there.
the message that u see every time is about the phone's memory and not memory card's . so try reducing the data in the "my files "folder by coping or moving it to memory card. >>> your phone(e 1410 copies the desired ring tone first to phone . The ring tone can't be set via memory card.
To use the MP3 as your message tone, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings and then click Tones. 2. Highlight the message alert tone line and press "Change". 3. Select "Open Gallery" then locate the folder where the MP3s are saved. 4. Select the song the you would like to use as message tone. Click Save.
You have to go into the "My Audios" folder on the phone to access the card tunes. (Menu > 4(Multimedia) > 6(Audios)) for a shortcut. Once you are in the folder, move the highlight to the song you want as a ring tone. Now hit (Options > 6(Move/Copy) > 1(Move)). Now the little icon by the song will be a picture of a speaker without a memory card in front of it. (If it has a memory card icon, it is still on the card) It is on the phone's internal memory now so you can push (Options > Set As > Ringtone/Ringer ID/Message Alerts). You should be good to go!
How are you copying these Files, USB Cable to the phone, or a card reader?
What operating system are you using?
I/O device problem, disconnect from usb, wait a minute then plug it back in, it might not have installed correctly. (if problems persist with this you might need to acess Device Manager)
Does this phone have Itunes in it? are you attempting to transfer files using I tunes.
I found putting the card into a card reader attached to my PC works best, using MP3s.
Below is assuming you are using a card reader and a PC.
It works like any flash drive.
I would format the memory card
(open your My computer, where you should see all the drives in your PC, you should see the flash drive/ card there, right click on it and a window will pop up, click on quick format )
what file type are you attempting to transfer.
I open the flash drive, then I open my music folder (transfering only MP3s), I drag my files from one to the other.
On mine I currently have jpg files and MP3 files and I can acess this from my phone. ( I have the same phone)
I also have some bluetooth heads phones which work pretty well to.
go to settings, then choose phone settings. In phone settings go to phone profiles, normal is highlighted click options, then edit, then ok. Click the right arrow then go to message alert tone, click on options then change and ok. Go to use my alert tone choose your tone go to options and click down and select then ok. Then job done.