Question about Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
My cb is smoking at the button controls and smells like burning.
You have some form of short circuit in your CB, most likley I would suspect the Power supply or the RF Power Output Amplifier. Here are some basic instruction on how to tell wher the smoke is coming from.
1) disconnect and remove your CB from your vehicle and put it on a workbench
2) remove the cover from your CB and expose the circuit board to view
3) connect your CB to an external 12 volt power source and antenna or a dummy load
4) power up the CB and determine where the smoke is coming from then turn off the power supply to the CB
5) At this point you will need a schematic of your CB (get one from www.servicemanuals.com)
6) find the point on the schematic that relates to the point where the smoke is coming from
7) using a ohmmeter determine which component and or components are shorted
8) replace the shorted and or malfunctioning components.
9) test the system (power on, transmit and receive)
10) close the unit back up
11) reinstall into vehicle
12) run tests again.
This should help
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2016 | Eureka Electrolux EL5020A Intensity...
Jan 07, 2016 | Cobra Radio Communications
Hi friend, thank you for your post!
I understand that your Frigidaire dishwasher is giving off an electric burning smell and you are seeing smoke coming out of the door vent. It could possibly be an issue with your control panel or door vent, both have electrical components inside of them. Since it could be either one of these underlying issues I would recommend having a technician come out to your home and diagnose and repair the dishwasher. Hope this helps. -Matt
Jul 27, 2014 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
Apr 07, 2014 | Cobra ELECTRONICS 29-LTD Cb Radio - 29 Ltd...
Nov 26, 2013 | 2001 Nissan Sentra
Oct 24, 2012 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
The burning smell could be due to gas leakage in the engine compartment. The gas smell is being sucked into the fresh air intake of the air conditioner. It can be avoided by checking either fuel pressure regulator or fuel injector.
Sep 24, 2011 | Kia Sportage Cars & Trucks
Feb 04, 2011 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Jun 14, 2010 | Hoover Self-Propelled WindTunnel Bagless...
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!