Question about Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
My cb is smoking at the button controls and smells like burning.
You have some form of short circuit in your CB, most likley I would suspect the Power supply or the RF Power Output Amplifier. Here are some basic instruction on how to tell wher the smoke is coming from.
1) disconnect and remove your CB from your vehicle and put it on a workbench
2) remove the cover from your CB and expose the circuit board to view
3) connect your CB to an external 12 volt power source and antenna or a dummy load
4) power up the CB and determine where the smoke is coming from then turn off the power supply to the CB
5) At this point you will need a schematic of your CB (get one from www.servicemanuals.com)
6) find the point on the schematic that relates to the point where the smoke is coming from
7) using a ohmmeter determine which component and or components are shorted
8) replace the shorted and or malfunctioning components.
9) test the system (power on, transmit and receive)
10) close the unit back up
11) reinstall into vehicle
12) run tests again.
This should help
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2016 | Cobra Radio Communications
Apr 07, 2014 | Cobra ELECTRONICS 29-LTD Cb Radio - 29 Ltd...
Oct 24, 2012 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Feb 04, 2011 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Mar 31, 2010 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Jun 14, 2009 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Dec 04, 2008 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!