Question about Samsung PCJ534RF 53" Rear Projection Television
This sounds like a convergence problem which means that your convergence amps have malfunctioned. You can change these out yourself, however you will also have to change out all of the biasing resistors connected to the amplifiers. To do this:
1) Unplug the TV and then get a schematic of the TV I use http://www.servicemanuals.net or http://www.manualsparadise.com
2) On the schematic locate the STK329-xxx series IC packs (usually attached to a large heat sink)
3) determine if the STK329s are 110, 120 or 150.
4) if the STK329-xxx's are 110s replace with 110s (forget that upgrade stuff it is a hit or miss game that I don't believe you want to get into), if they are 120s replace with 120s and so on.
5) Now to replace the STKs: remove the module from the TV and unsolder the old STKs along with the bias resistors, and replace them with the new ones (be sure to apply heat sink paste to the STKs when attaching them to the heatsink)
6) make sure there are no short circuits form your soldering job.
7) Reinstall the module and then turn on the TV.
8) do an auto-convergence test and then things should be back to normal.
Now if you think you can do this have at it, if not I would suggest that you have it done by a qualified TV technician.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2010 | Hitachi 43F300 43" Rear Projection...
Mar 12, 2010 | Philips 46PP9302 46" Rear Projection...
Dec 09, 2009 | Sony KP-57WS510 57" Rear Projection HDTV
Nov 26, 2009 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Nov 15, 2009 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV
Sep 27, 2009 | Toshiba 65H82 65" Rear Projection...
Jan 26, 2009 | Philips 55PP9401 55" Rear Projection...
Jan 05, 2009 | Philips 51PP9200D Television
Nov 20, 2008 | Apex Digital GB5108 51" Rear Projection...
Oct 25, 2008 | Sony KP-57WS500 57" Rear Projection...
Mar 08, 2017 | Samsung PCJ534RF 53" Rear Projection...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: