32 inch Wharfedale LCD TV bought from argos keeps switching itself off arbitarily while in use. Problems started on the 13th month of purchase. TV now permanently on standby. PLEASE HEEELLLP!!!
Same problem with my Wharfedale purchased just over a year ago and had initial problems with it switching off and not being able to turn it back on. Sent it back for repair and it has been fairly reliable for a year but in the last week or so has started to switch itself off consistently every five minutes. Have consulted a TV repair place and they mentioned 'dry' somethings might be the cause but said it would cost £70-90 but they may not be able to fix it. Surely if other people are having the same problem the manufacturers must be responsible.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try changing the input device to something you are sure works. Switch off TV manually, switch off power, remove plug and retry after 48 hours. If problem persists, please refer it to a qualified service technician.
Check ur power source?Tries tv unplug,replug the tv back about an hour later.By letting tv resetting itself back to factory setting.Now the tv should be working again.If still have same problems,tv mostly have the power supply board problems.Take it back where u bought it exchange for another tv or call LG for a warrenty repair.
I would not keep a new LCD TV that has immediate problems. I would get a refund and purchase a more standard brand television. Experience has taught me that if one has problems immediately with an LCD TV itself, it is likely to continue to be problematic.
Is a tv power glitch,shutdown,start again,tv have no problems,wright?Not a problems,if only happen one?If it happen many times,tv have power supply board problems,take ur tv warrenty repair or return ur tv,where u bought it,get a new tv replacment.
got a 32 inch wharfedale tv from argos also and it seems to boot up and then shut down and just loops, if i keep unplugging it i can sometimes get it on but with a high pitch wailing, only 15 months old, gutted!
1) Mainboard/Tuner problems - although I'm really only saying this because you guys seem to think its associated with your over the air channels. <br> 2) Power board problems. You power board/inverter may be damaged in some way - blown capacitor or other malfunctions. This is very possible as this could result in the backlight turning off and the screen going black but keeping the keeping the sound. If this is the problem, it will at some time start to happen constantly. Have a pro open it up and look at the power board.
3) The backlight is defective/dying. The backlight is a set of lights that reflects through the LCD panel. If the screen looks black, but you might see a faint picture or you still hear sound, then the backlight is not on. The panel itself could be defective. You can fix it by replacing the whole LCD panel (expensive), replacing the backlight panel itself (need a busted LCD of the same size with a working backlight), or fix the backlight, which is tough and risky.
Most likely its either the power board or backlight. Either way, you need someone to open up the TV and take a look inside. Good luck! Hope it works out.