After reformatting my windows xp,i dont even have ethernet connection, no sound, and cannot get ip address? am not able to get ip address.. i dont have the notherboard installer :c
system model:AWRDACPI, shuttle inc.
hope somebody can help me...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Can You please more details in regard to this problem... I am assuming that you reformat you Pc and you might not have lan Ethernet driver. Or the Lan is disable... To chek click start,click control panel network and internet connection if your OS is windows vista / windows 7 click connect to network .Xp network connection and find out if have lan connection if the page is blank you need a ethernet driver. Hope this info might help you to solve your problem. Have a Happy New Year...
When your using Internet connection via LAN you need to configure the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties at the Network Connection Wizard. To configure the Network Connection just follow this steps:
1. Double click the My Computer from your desktop/screen.
2. At the left side of the My Computer menu click the My Network Places then click View Network Connections in the left side of that window also.
3. Double click the Local Area Connection and click Properties.
4. When the Local Area Connection Properties was appear select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) then click Properties.
5. The Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties are also apear, then click Use the following IP address and fill-up the following: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS Server.
6. After all you fill-up click OK Button.
Note: Make sure that the IP Address you fill-up in your network connection are not the same with the other computer to avoid conflict. Just copy the configuration on the computer like: Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS Server. Only the IP Address are unique to the other computer. Example; 192.168.0.5 that is the IP Address of last computer are connected in the network. The IP Address you able to use is 192.168.0.6, only the last digit of the IP Address your going to change.
If your using a card take it out until you have XP installed.
Go into your bios and disable all your audio settings until you have XP installed.
Check and see if your audio is even compatible with XP.
Disconnect the any external devices that are connected to the audio input until XP is installed.
When you connect the pc to the router does the port number where that pc is connected is there any light on it? if there is check the IP address of the pc. Click Start>RUN>type CMD click OK>type ipconfig on the command prompt if it says disconnected try changing the ethernet cable. If you already receive a IP address that's good then try getting online.