Question about EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
If you have the radio configured as a bridge (not a bridge-router), you must ensure that your computer is in the same LAN IP subnet as the remote router. If the remote router supplies DHCP, this should happen automatically; if not, you must configure your computer manually.
Once there, you may have to manually define DNS servers on your computer in order to access machines on the internet by name. If you can browse to http://22.214.171.124, but not to http://google.com, your problem is solely lack of defined DNS servers. This is not an artifact of the Engenius units, but the remote server.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2011 | SENAO NL2611CB3 PLUS (NL2611CB3PLUSDX)...
Oct 29, 2010 | EnGenius ECB-3220
An RS-232 null modem serial cable is required for this procedure.
1. Connect the EOC-3220 to your computer with a null modem serial cable.
2. Start a HyperTerminal session: Click Start and then select Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> HyperTerminal.
3. After the HyperTerminal window appears:
a. Give this new connection a name. Ex: EOC-3220.
b. Select correct COM port. Ex:COM1.
c. Set baud rate as "38400", data bits "8", parity "none", stop bits "1", and flow control as "None". Then press "OK" to bring up the HyperTerminal window.
4. Wait until the "#" is displayed in the HyperTerminal window.
5. Type "flash reset", then hit enter.
6. Type "reboot", then hit enter. After the device reboots, all settings will be at factory default.
Oct 25, 2010 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
May 14, 2009 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Apr 15, 2009 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Jul 14, 2008 | EnGenius ECB-3220
Jun 28, 2008 | SENAO NL-2611CB5 PLUS (NL2611CB5PLUS)
Feb 21, 2008 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
Dec 05, 2013 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: