Question about Lexmark X3470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I changed the ink cartridge and the printer says cover open. I opened and closed it again several times and the power light stays on and it still says cover opened
I have same problem my printer keeps saying cover open when it is not all i did was change ink cartridge
the same happened to my sisters printer when i went to use hers would it have anythin to do with the ink cartdidge
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
If your printer still in warranty please replace the printer or This is the problem the cover switch in the printer you need to replace
the switch this switch is very difficult to find in the printer is
usually hidden ,you need to check the cover there will be a projection
in the cover which will go into a slot thats where the switch is located..
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2012 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
the ink cartridge carrier won't automatically move to its loading position even
when the printer is on and the cover is open. Follow the steps below:
Unplug the printer from the power source.
With the cover open, hold the solid white strip that connects from the carrier
assembly to the ink cartridge carrier and gently slide the cartridge carrier to
the center of the printer.
Remove the used cartridges.
Load the new cartridges. Close the cover.
Plug the printer back to the power source.
I hope this information has been helpful.
Aug 16, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sometimes the ink
cartridge carrier won't automatically move to its loading position even when
the printer is on and the cover is open. Follow the steps below:
1. Unplug the
printer from the power source.
2. With the cover
open, hold the solid white strip that connects from the carrier assembly to the
ink cartridge carrier and gently slide the cartridge carrier to the center of
3. Remove the
4. Load the new
cartridges. Close the cover.
5. Plug the printer back to the power source.
Jul 12, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Feb 09, 2011 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 22, 2010 | Lexmark X4690 Wireless InkJet Printer
Aug 20, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 03, 2010 | Lexmark Color JetPrinter Z42 InkJet
Aug 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1300 Printer
Oct 10, 2008 | Epson Stylus C66 Photo InkJet Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!