- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try to run a test for continuous print test page in diagnostics mode. To enter the Diagnostics mode:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Open the front access door.
3. Turn on the printer while pressing and holding Cancel .
4. Close the front access door once the Error light displays. Print the menu page by pressing and holding Continue until all of the lights flash. Follow the instructions on the menu page to access the menu items.
Continuously print pages containing cross lines, printer information, and margin settings. Press and hold until the Continue button lights flash to begin. Press Cancel to stop.
Make sure he selects the "Cont Prt Simplex Tray 1" option
If problem persists, contact Lexmark at 1-800-LEXMARK()1-800-539-6275.
Solution A hard disk initialization will erase and reformat the printer's hard disk. Perform hard disk initialization only if an error code displays on the control panel indicating a disk error. Always try initializing the hard disk before replacing it.
1. Turn the printer on. 2. As the printer performs its power-on sequence, press and hold the Menu button until all three lights on the control panel are lit. 3. Press the back arrow . The message INITIALIZE DISK displays on the control panel. 4. Press OK. The printer initializes the hard disk and continues the power-on sequence.
CAUTION: Initializing NVRAM resets the serial number, the model number, the event log, the page counts, and the EIO card. Use the SERVICE menu to restore the serial number and page counts. You also need to reconfigure any computers that print to this printer to recognize the printer. Initialize NVRAM only when absolutely necessary. In most situations, use a cold reset to return printer to factory defaults but still retain the needed values in the SERVICE menu.
NVRAM initialization Before initializing NVRAM, print a configuration page and a supplies status page to gather the service menu values
1. Turn the printer on and watch the control panel display. 2. When the display shows the memory count, press and hold the down arrow until all three lights on the control panel are lit 3. Press the up arrow . 4. Press Menu . The message SKIP DISK LOAD displays on the control panel. 5. Press the up arrow until NVRAM INIT is highlighted, and then press OK. The printer initializes NVRAM and then continues its power-on sequence.
daca aceasta procedura nu reuseste, atunci va trebui sa inlocuiesti formatter-ul. daca nu exista hard disk
1) TRY to flash the firmware. 2) Try cold reset and disk initializations. 3) Replace firmware dimm.
If you have a hard disk:
To resolve the issue it may be necessary to perform the Disk Init procedure.
Disk Init Procedure 1. Turn the printer off, then on 2. When the memory count starts on the control Panel, press and hold the Menu button until all 3 lights on the control panel are lid 3. Press the < button. The message “INITIALIZE DISK” appears in the display 4. Press the Check button. The printer will initialize the User space on the Compact flash and will continue it’s power-on sequence.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
Unfortunately, the Russian software does not work on a Mac, and it crashes at launch when installed in WZ98 under Virtual PC. However, I found this on another site, and it worked immediately: The sequence to reset the waste ink counter is as follows:
WASTE INK ROM RESET ONLY 870, 1270
1. Turn the printer off using the power button on the panel of the printer. 2. Disconnect the interface cable at the back of the printer. 3. Hold down the "LOAD/EJECT" and "CLEANING" buttons simultaneously. 4. Turn the printer on. Release all buttons as soon as paper out light flashes. 5. Quickly press (within 3 seconds while PAPER OUT light is flashing) the "CLEANING" button for 10 seconds. 6. Release the button and the printer will initialize. 7. Once initialization is complete, turn the printer off. 8. Reconnect the interface cable. 9. Turn the printer on
Turn the printer on.
2 As the printer performs its power-on sequence, press and hold the PAUSE/RESUME (HP Color
LaserJet 4600 models) or MENU (HP Color LaserJet 4610n and 4650 models) button until all
three lights on the control panel are lit.
3 Press . The message INITIALIZE DISK appears on the control-panel display.
4 Press The printer initializes the hard disk and continues its power-on sequence.
NV RAM and HD To initialize NVRAM 1. Remove any installed accessories (for example, a stapler/stacker). 2. Turn the printer off. 3. Hold down the DOWN ARROW ( ) button, and then turn the printer on. Continue holding down the DOWN ARROW ( ) button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds. 4. Press the UP ARROW ( ) button. 5. Press the PAUSE/RESUME button. The display should show SKIP DISK LOAD. 6. Press the UP ARROW ( ) button until NVRAM INIT is highlighted. 7. Press the SELECT ( ) button. The printer initializes NVRAM and then continues its poweron sequence. Hard-disk initialization CAUTION A hard-disk initialization erases and reformats the printer hard disk. Perform a hard-disk initialization only if an error code on the control panel indicates an EIO disk error. Always try initializing the hard disk before replacing it. NOTE Before performing a hard-disk initialization, print a menu map and a configuration page (see Menu map and Configuration page). Use the information on the configuration page to reset any customer-set printer configuration values that the hard-disk initialization procedure changes. To initialize the hard disk 1. Turn the printer off. 2. Hold down the PAUSE/RESUME button, and then turn the printer on. Continue holding down the PAUSE/RESUME button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds. 3. Press the BACK ARROW ( ) button. The display should show INITIALIZE DISK. 4. Press the SELECT ( ) button. The printer initializes the hard disk and continues its power