- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After you installed the new cartridge, just press and hold the stop/reset button for at least 5 seconds. The printer will restart then. Do it twice if both cartridge have been replaced. This will reset the counter for the black and colored cartridge..
no both are different Here are the list of cartridges u can use MP210 PG-30 Pigment Black PG-30 Pigment Black Ink Cartridge PG-40 BLACK CL-31 Color FINE Ink Cartridge CL-41 Color MP240 PG-210 Black Cartridge CL-211XL Color Cartridge CL-211 Color Cartridge PG-210 XL Black Cartridge
I dont know why Cannon persist wuth there stupid messages by morse code,
E 7 means that a sensor has detected an incorrect ink cartridge
Options to fix
1.Check the ink cartridges are correctly installed
2. If you have recently replaced an ink cartridge with one from a supplier other than Cannon feplace the cartridge with a Cannon branded prosduct
3. If everything looks ok then try powering down the printer, unplug wait 2 minutes for all residual power to drain, then power up to see if the printer has resolved the problem, this just resets the sensor which reports the error but it often works as the sensors are the most likely part to give intermitten faults
The printer needed to be reset. Unhook the printer then take out the new cartridges. try to very gently clean the contacts also make sure the contact on the new cartridges is clean. Let it dry for a few minutes assembly. Plug it. My printer is reset by pressing the start button and hold it down until it beeps 6 times. You can check your manual how to reset yours. I hope it work for you.
I read one of the earlier posts which helped; the problem was that there is a dock built in to the left, but that is NOT where the ink goes! The real place hides to the right and only slides over when the printer is turned on. I had to almost force it to get it to stay to the left over the dock so I could actually insert the ink cartridge. The previous posters' soluntion, turning the printer on so the cartridge dock moves into view, is the only thing that worked for me.