Question about Philips PMC7230 Digital Media Player
Products made by Philips are NOT quality products and from my 2 and a half hour on the phone experience with the manufacturer down to the supervisor...I was told the brand new portable device, That had fallen off my desk was NOT covered under under manufacturers warranty!!?
I don't know if anyone else has had an experience such as this, But I have never had a portable device NOT function after falling 3 feet to the floor!
Hell,There is NOT a scratch on this PHILIPS unit.
Besides letting the public know about Philips products being of pour quality and terrible customer service!
What can I do to make the public aware of Bad corporate business????
I am going to get on a soapbox.
1) NO manufacturer is going to cover your product if you drop it (unless you tell a little white lie).
2) Every electronic product has a failure rate. Philips is right down the middle as far as failure rates go - there are some pretty good name brands that have double or triple their failure rate.
3) If you really want an eye-opener, call every manufacturer of every electronics product you own and make up some problem - you will see that they are roughly the same, give or take. Then call your cable, satellite, internet, and/or phone company and tell them you've lost service to find out how long it will be before you are back up and running. It will truly be a depressing experience. People say "I hate Verizon!, "I hate Comcast!" blah blah blah - faced with the same circumstances, they have pretty much the same policies - some agents, however, are nicer about it than others. Every corporation works about the same. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
It would take at least an act of congress to make a change.
Every electronic manufacturer will require either a receipt or a serial # within a certain range to cover your product under warranty. And even then it comes with limits - dropping the product is considered "customer abuse" (believe it or not, there are "customer abuse warranties" - Philips, as far as I know, doesn't offer one.
There are exceptions to everything I just said. You will find a shining example of an exception here and there, every once in a while.
All of this being said, I would not strongly reccomend this particular product, simply because, if you are part of the 5-6% that has a problem unit, there is nothing you can do to troubleshoot it. The device manager is not particularly effective with this product. If it is out of warranty for whatever reason, you are out $250.00
In the future:
1) Save all receipts for electronic products
2) I would reccomend buying an extended warranty - Consumer Reports disagrees with me
3) Write down your model # and serial # in case of any problems.
4) Keep all of this information in one location - I have a single box where I keep all receipts, warranty paperwork, etc.
I feel bad that this happened to you. You were one of the unlucky 5-6%. It almost feels like you need a lawyer to talk to customer service departments anymore. My two cents is that Philips is basically a sound brand, but there are a few that are better.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2014 | Home Decorators Collection Grilling
on Jan 25, 2011 | Philips SAA7130 TV Tuner/FM Radio/Video...
Nov 23, 2012 | Radio Communications
Apr 19, 2017 | Philips DVP3350 DVD Player
Oct 20, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
Dec 06, 2009 | Philips DVD750VR DVD Player/VCR
Oct 20, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Dec 22, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!