Question about Microwave Ovens
This overheating occurs most often when the either stirrer or turntable is not turning or the magnetron is beginning to die.
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2014 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.Check the cost of a magnetron and estimate, wave gguides cost less and it is worth replacing.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Thank You for using FIXYA.
Sep 06, 2011 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Feb 25, 2011 | GE JVM1861SF Microwave Oven
Jan 14, 2011 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Oct 03, 2010 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
Jun 14, 2010 | GE Advantium SCA1001SS Convection /...
Apr 30, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jul 09, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens
Aug 03, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!