Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
There is a large sponge like container in the bottom of the IP1500
that holds the overflow of ink, Canon has built in a counter that will
warn you when this needs to be replaced. You dont really have to replace this..just hose it out in the sink until the water
runs clear, let the printer dry out real good for a week or so and
then use the following to reset the counter. You don't HAVE to clean out
the waste container, but, be prepared to have ink flowing out onto
whatever your printer is setting on if you just reset this and keep
printing. I really suggest you either clean it or replace it.
1) With the printer plugged in and powered off, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button, then press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED light should be green to indicate that a function is selectable.).
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.).
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.).
4) When the LED light is green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.).
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the reset is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.).
6) Press the power button to exit service mode.
Note: if you accidentally press the Resume/Cancel button more than 4 times in step 4 then just press the Resume/Cancel button at least 10 times and the printer will be returned to step 4 automatically.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 17, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Dec 16, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 28, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 13, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP3300 InkJet Photo Printer
Please try below steps on your Printer and let me know the result. I hope this should work.
Reset waste ink tank counter CANON PIXMA iP 1000
STEP 1:- Disconnect printer from AC power
STEP 2:- Press and HOLD the POWER button, and connect printer to AC power
STEP 3:- release the the POWER button
STEP 4:- Press the POWER button again
This should work. please let me know the result.
Oct 18, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!