How do i change an ink cartridge on a HP PSC 1510 printer
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
Caution If the HP All-in-One is off when you lift the print-carriage access
door to access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the
cartridges for changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print
cartridges are not docked safely on the right side when you try to remove
2. Make sure the paper tray is down and there is letter or A4 unused plain white
paper loaded in the paper tray.
3. Open the print-carriage access door by lowering the door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then, using your thumb, lightly press down on a print cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge
from the slot on the right.
5. Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.in-One
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print
cartridge, store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector.
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch
only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
8. Slide the new print cartridge forward at a slight upward angle into the empty slot.
Using your index finger, push the print cartridge forward until it clicks into place.
If the print cartridge you are installing has a white triangle on its label, slide the
print cartridge into the slot on the left. The label for the slot is green with a solid
If the print cartridge you are installing has a white square or a white pentagon on
its label, slide the print cartridge into the slot on the right. The label for the slot is black with a solid white square and a solid white pentagon.your HP All-in-One
9. Close the print-carriage access door.
If you are installing a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One begins to print a print cartridge alignment sheet.
10. Load the print cartridge alignment sheet on the right front corner of the glass with the top of the page to the right.
11. Press the Start Scan button.
The HP All-in-One aligns the print cartridges.
Apr 10, 2008 |
Printers & Copiers