You should be able to do this by going into contacts, hit the menu button, then choose Add New Group, enter a name for the group, then hit the menu key again. Choose Add Member, and select the people you want in your list!
By the way, you have to have the people already saved in the phone to add them to a group.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
unfortunately in samsung j700...doesn't provide the facility u mentioned but it allows user to assign particular ringtone and callerid for some group of contacts... the group may have 1 or more contacts so saving each contacts in each seperate group may indirectly met ur requirement
By creating groups of contacts, you can assign ringtones and caller ID photos to each group or send messages and emails to an entire group. Start by creating a group: 1. In Idle mode, press <Menu> → Phonebook → Group → <Options> → Add. 2. Enter a group name and scroll down. 3. To set the caller ID image, press the Centre key → an image category → an image. 4. To set a group ringtone, scroll down and press the Centre key → a ringtone category → a ringtone. 5. Press <Save>.
Create contact (Menu 2.3)
Use this menu to add a new contact to Phonebook.
Storing a number in the phone’s memory
1. Select Phone.
2. Change the settings or enter information about the
• First name/Last name: assign a name.
• Mobile/Home/Office/Fax/Other: add a
number in any category.
You can change the number type, or set the
number as the default for the contact by
pressing <Options> and selecting Change
type or Mark as default number.
• Email: assign an e-mail address.
• Graphic ID: assign a caller ID image to alert you to a call from the person.
• Ringtone: assign a ringtone to alert you to a
call from the person.
• Group: assign the number to a caller group.
• Birthday: enter the person’s birthday.
• Notes: add a memo about the person.
3. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.
Storing a number on the SIM card
1. Select SIM.
2. Select New or Update.
3. Enter information about the contact:
• Name: assign a name.
• Phone number: add a number.
• Location: assign a location number.
4. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.