Just cool down man, it is not so hard to fix it if you know exactly what
happens and how to fix it. I had just fixed my XBOX AC adapter which
turn the orange light on with the tips and tricks from
The complete listings of different light colors will easily indicate
what problem your xbox console and ac adapter encounter. Hope it helps..
Try moving everything to a different room on a different electrical circuit (as in electric panel outside your house). You might have too much load on that circuit for the plugs in that room. You could try unplugging everything except tv and xbox too.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Disconnect everything and reconnect it,if that doesn't work, try to hook it up in a different room. If you are still having problems, you need to contact customer support and may have to order a new power supply cord.
It is possible that there is some foreign particles inside one of the connectors. Since the power supply does come apart and also disconnects from the unit, you can try to clean it to see if it will sort out your problem. Here's what to try:
1. Disconnect the AC adapter from the wall and the console. Let it rest for a few hours so that you do not electrocute yourself.
2. Disconnect the wall power cord from the AC adapter brick. Check the connections on both ends to see if it needs to be cleaned.
3. Clean any ends of the adapter with alcohol solution (isopropyl, or "rubbing" alcohol). Make sure the connection to the console is clean as well. Allow to dry.
4. Reconnect all necessary parts and try your console again.
If that does not work, there could be another problem with power flow to the AC adapter or a problem with the adapter itself.
Sounds to me like the main board is bad. Last step to try just to be sure. Try another AC Adapter on your 360 and if it still doesn't work then you know the main board is bad. Also try just plugging in your ac adapter and see if the green light goes away or if it turns orange. Those are sure signs that the main board is shorting out the ac adapter. Also hook up the 360 to another power outlet.