Question about Orange SPV M2000 Pocket PC
Thanks for the hard reset combination, but it still says serial at top and v2.07 at bottom, and it still doesn't get picked up by computer! Have a broken it??? Is there anything else i can do?
Download mmty.exe from http://www.4shared.com/file/44565543/32026ae8/mtty.html.
Now do the following:
1. Stop ActiveSync, by Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete)
kill two processes rapimgr.exe and wcescomm.exe
2. put your device into the cradle
3. Run mtty and Choose WCEUSBSH001 in 'PORT' (if it doesn't show then you didn't stop all active sync processes above!)
4. type "set 16 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset. (for some devices it can also be "set 14 0")
5. type "task 8" to get your device formatted
6. type "task 0" to ask your device reboot
7. take the device out of the cradle, and manually reset it if it does not do that already.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
Open the Back Cover.. remove the Battery, Simcard, Memory Card and then leave it open for 1 minute.
Put the battery back, start your device then if you get the same message you need to update the firmware...
In the worst scenarios, your Siemens SX66 has a corrupt ROM and need to be fixed as in "Hardware"... which can be done by a Siemes expert.
Posted on May 24, 2008
SOURCE: can't hard reset
Take the battery off. hold the power for 10 sec. Then put the battery back on. Push the reset button 1st then hold the power for 6sec. let off the power button 1st and it should do A hard restart. Take out any memory cards before you do this.
Posted on Sep 08, 2008
I would recommend using Pocket PC 2003 version normally. WM 5 or 6 may have significant issues with phone compatibility. If you can go back to 2003 and the phone still doesn't work there may be a hardware issue, then you need to replace or repair. Replace is usually the better option. Search ebay.com if that is what you need.
Below, instrutctions on getting ROM for PPC 2003:
Try www.xda-developers.com and ebay for ROM upgrades. There are many people who unlock these kinds of devices. I don't believe you can upgrade it to WM 5.0 or beyond, but that may be possible. Search for WM versions that include "unlocked" versions. The best bet is a newer version of PPC 2003.
The process is relatively simple. Once you have your ROM on CD or via download, You run it with your device hooked up to your PC via cable/cradle and connected via ActiveSync (3.7 or later). The warning is an improper ROM load could make your device unusable. It is a risk you have to take if you want it to make calls. Toss up: no phone Pocket PC, pocket PC phone, or shiny brick. If the XDA site has recommendations on a ROM source, they are not likely to steer you wrong. They will state emphatically, that you do not want any interruptions in the ROM upgrade process. If you have a power outage or something shuts off for any reason, you will have the shiny brick and be looking for a new device.
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2012 | Nokia 1200 Mobile Phone
You might need to soft or hard reset your HTC Tilt smartphone if you have issues with it freezing or locking up. Here's how.
Simply use the stylus to press the small Reset button on the bottom of the unit.
A hard reset erases all data off of the HTC Tilt.
1. Press and hold the left and right softkeys at the same time.
2. While continuing to hold both buttons, use the stylus to press the Reset button at the bottom of your device.
3. Release the Reset button and continue to hold down the 2 softkeys until you see a message about deleting all data from the device.
4. Press the Phone button to complete the hard reset.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Nov 15, 2010 | HTC TyTN Smartphone
Aug 10, 2010 | HP iPAQ H2200 Pocket PC
Jan 19, 2010 | HP iPAQ H2200 Pocket PC
Jul 15, 2009 | HP iPAQ HX4700 Pocket PC
Aug 10, 2008 | i-mate Pocket PC
382 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: