My dell inspiron 2200 lately does not get power from the battery although the battery (when plug in) is showing 100% fully charge but if i unplug the unit is goes dead. Is this battery dead despite showing that it's full.
Try this trick. Remove the battery from the laptop and make sure the ac adapter is not plugged in also. Hold the power button for 30 seconds. Place the battery back in and see if it powers on. If not let me know.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn your Dell 2200 laptop over.
2. Find the laptop battery release button lock for your Dell 2200 laptop.
3. Now that your Dell 2200 laptop battery is unlocked, find the battery release button down.
4. Holding the laptop battery release button, gently pull your battery away from the laptop.
5. Now that your Dell 2200 battery is removed, grab your replacement Dell 2200 battery for installation.
6. Insert the battery into the slot. Push the Dell 2200 battery towards the laptop and secure it in place.
Try to isolate the battery by plugging the power adapter to it. Then remove the power adapter & press/hold the power button for 5 seconds. Insert the battery, turn on the pc & insert the power adapter , check if the battery is charging. If it is still the same, contact their Dell Inspiron tech support 1-800-601-3355 for battery replacement possibly...
Check your AC adapter for an LED showing it is getting power from the wall. Make sure you have no external devices connected, then try booting with just the AC adapter, next, just the battery. If still nothing, then your motherboard is probably bad.
sounds like your charging circuit isn't working or the adapter isn't putting out enough power or amprage to fully charge the battery, or you battery went bad. if the charging circuit is bad then so is *********** board, time to burry the system and buy a new one
Try to turn off the computer and remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. Turn on the computer with just the charger plugged in. If it doesnt turn on. you may have a bad power port.
If it has no power/charging issue since that happened except that the indicator light doesnt turn on when you plug in the charger, you may just need a bios update. Click here. That's the bios update for the inspiron 2200 from dell's website. You should have at least 30% charge on the battery and the ac adapter should be plugged in so you can run it. The computer will restart and will come back normally after this. I'd suggest that you backup your files before running this.
You can also pick up the batteries less expensive than most computer places at batteries plus. And yes it sounds as though it is the batteries charge is getting low, especially if it runs fine when the battery is out and you have it plugged in.