Goes though the motions but does not put ink on page
I have a new problem with my Epson Stylus Photo RX500. I am trying to print (all cartridges are full and have had no problem till this week), the printer does its stuff - except, when the page comes out... it is blank?? has anyone an idea as to what is going on? (I have tried it with word files as well as pdfs)
Re: Goes though the motions but does not put ink on page
The problem might be a faulty print head. Try to print out a nozzle check and do a couple of head cleanings. I would like to know more info about it. Does it happen when you print from you computer? How about when standalone copying?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Make sure your unit is powered and not printing.
2. Press the SETUP button and then use the select arrows until you see REPLACE INK, then press the COLOR COPY button. The ink cartridges will move to the replacement position.
3. Lift up the unit's cover, to access the ink cartridges.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, and lift it out of the printer.
5. Before removing the new cartridge from it's package, shake the cartridge 4-5 times. Do not shake the cartridge once it has been removed from the cartridge holder.
6. Lower the new cartridge into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place. Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, as you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for any other ink cartridges that require replacement.
8. Once complete, please lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. The EPSON Stylus RX500 begins charging the ink delivery system.
The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus RX500 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on steady. At this point press COPY to move back to COPY mode.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus RX500 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus RX500 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Take the cartridge out and put it back in then try to print, if it is still the same try cleaning the print heads>control panel>right click on c66 and go to printing
preferences>maintenance tab>print head cleaning>do it 3 times and then try to print
I used some less expensive generic ink cartridges on my RX500 and had a similar experience with the black. If you're already using the Epson brand, done the head cleaning, realignment and nozzel checks, I'm not much help. Try Epson's support at their web site.