It says there is a problem with the printer 2 secs after it says "printing started". Then goes onto say there is a cartridge error and to remove them and put them back in, so I do this, and then it says the same thing all over again. The cartridges are fine there is plenty of ink in them, it just decided not to work all of a sudden one day..
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: It won't print!!
Printers just love to bug us!!! They seem to have an evil vendetta to get us.
Try uninstalling your printer completely and reinstalling it, it may have a few errors along the way. Just because you install something and it works well does not mean it will always stay that way, unless you get lucky like my lexmark 1185, never had any issues but a tiny jam by my toddler. I guess its luck of the draw, and it is now 4 years old, and still not missing a beat. Good luck, if you need a new driver you can get one at the lexmark downloads page online for your OS.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Each cartridge having printing life, as long as cartridge health condition is good it won't gives any trouble. Subjected series printer having mono & colour cartridges,1. Remove both cartridge from the printer 2. Switch on & wait till message appears for insert the cartridges..3. Insert mono(Black) cartridge, close the door & wait till message appears on screen. If message appears same as cartridge error mean that mono cartridge is faulty replace it, if message appears like insert another cartridge, it's confirmed that colour cartridge faulty.. Replace it..
Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:
(1) Open the printer
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to thoroughly clean the print head and each ink cartridge.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now
If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.
The messages unable to print, unable to clean, unable 36, error 46 and error 32 are all print head errors.
1. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine 2. Clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself with a small amount of warm water or alcohol on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Note: if any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
3. Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds 4. Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message 5. Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If it is it means the print head has failed and in order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced. The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself.
Perform the normal assert troubleshooting: -turn ON the printer -disconnect the usb cable from both ends of the printer and pc if printer is connected with USB cable -open the cartridge door and remove all the ink cartridges -close everything without installing the cartridge -disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer without turning off the power -wait for 30 secs -plug the power cable back in and install all the ink cartridges if the printer turns on -wait the printer to initialize and stop making noises **don't attempt to print this time -turn off the printer by disconnecting the power cable from the back -wait another 30 secs -plug the power cable back in and if the printer is ready to go -try printing a test page
Follow the steps given below:
1. Snap the cartridges in and out three times.
2. On the operator panel, press Options to indicate which cartridges were changed.
3. Press Start / Yes.
4. Press Options to indicate the type of cartridge you installed.
5. Press Start / Yes.
If the problem persists, do the following:
1. With the printer powered on, remove both cartridges.
2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer
3. With the printer disconnected, insert the cartridges and reconnect the power cable.
I had this eror. It was caused by indexing error left to right.Would print some then cancel after starting to make clunking and left to right error gets to large.(white edge up the side of full page print). There is a toothed print head carriage drive belt and a clear indexing strip above the heavily white greased bar behind print head carriage. If this clear indexing strip gets grease or anything else on it the print head cannot index. With print head at full right position,power off, I carefully wiped the clear strip by pinching between clean dry fingers and wiping up and down the strip a few times,maybe use cotton wool buds and IPA or methalated spirit if you can't get your fingers in there without breaking the strip. then with power on print head in change cartridge position,push carriage to far left and wipe right side of clear strip.I pushed carriage full left to right a few times,Then ran print head alignment.Fixed without taking apart.
Look on eBay for printhead or cartridge cleaning solution. The cartridge is clogged with dried ink. Take an empty ink tank, and drip cleaning solution onto the sponge, filling the cartridge part way. Install the cleaning cartridge in the printer, and leave it over night. Run cleaning cycle the next day, and print with the same cartridge. It should start printing. Install new ink cartridge. With the BJCs, if the cartridge is defective electrically, the printer will have an error and usually 3 beeps, it will not try to print.
This problem shows when dust has come in your printer. If you have a dust cleaner pump, you should try to pump air in your printer. And About align cartridge, "Installed cartridge again (color and black) after removing. Printer print a test print, that is called alingnment page, Take this alignment page and put it into the scanner, printing area should be on mirror side. and press scan button, which is present in keypad of printer (last one) you will hear the voice of scanning after 45 sec. light will stop blinking and still. It means cartridge have been aligned.