Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
I also have had a problem with the glass part of the surface light bulb separating from the metal base when trying to change the bulbs under my G.E. Spacemaker Microwave.. I see someone used a carrot or potato but I had not seen this suggestion before I whittled one end of a wine cork small enough to insert into the metal part of the old bulb stuck in the socket. It also worked great and in no time I was able to get the old base out and replace the bulb. I'll save the cork for next time because it seems to happen to at least one of the bulbs everytime they need to be changed. DON'T FORGET TO UNPLUG THE MICROWAVE FIRST!
Posted on Oct 27, 2008
If your socket is not falling apart like CMC''s, then:
1. either unplug your microwave or turn off the breaker at your electrical box
2. Use a needle nose pliers and wedge one end of the pliers between the metal base and the socket.
3. The other end of your pliers should be in the middle of the metal base so you can squeeze the pliers and tightly grab the metal base.
4. now begin twisting in the same direction as unscrewing a bulb (counterclockwise).
5. the metal base will begin to twist up and eventually it will unscrew.
Posted on Dec 08, 2007
The socket it self needs to be replace before to much of that plastic comes off.
Posted on Sep 05, 2006
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2014 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 28, 2014 | GE JVM1790SK Convection/Microwave Oven
Sep 30, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 20, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 14, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jun 06, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 04, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Aug 26, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 17, 2008 | GE JVM1440 Microwave Oven
1,050 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: