An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: I have a problem with my PS3
Try a different hard drive. You can find them for pretty cheap on eBay. Or you can just pull your old one and do a google search with the model number.
Every time I have seen this scenario it has been because the hard drive has malfunctioned internally. Good luck, thanks!!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your hard drive is corrupted. You need to go to the PS Recovery Menu. You probably gonna loose most of your files if not all of them depending on the extent. Hopefully you have a backup somewhere. But you can fix your PS3 and get gaming again.
How to Access PS3 Recovery Menu.
1. Turn your PS3 off.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear two consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the two beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
Once you are at the Recovery Menu you should see 6 options. Start with the first option and go up until you have tried #4 as well (if needed). One of them should fix the problem.
1. Restart System: Restarts the PS3 System.
2. Restore Default Settings This resets the system settings back to default.
3. Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
4. Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PS3
5. Restore PS3 System: This deletes everything and you will start from nothing again. Not a recommended procedure.
There are many reasons cause PS3 hang up in wave screen and won't turn on. Your PS3 hardware need some kind of fixes. Send back to Sony is expensive. You better repair by yourself. I suggest you bought this guide, you can learn how to trouble shooting and disassembly your console and fix it at last. Good luck!
try restoring your ps3. turn the switch on teh back off then on. then put your finger on teh power button until you hear three beeps. ( not including the one you hear when pressin the power button.) right after the third beep let go and it will turn off. then try again. after the power beep listen for one beep then after that a double beep. it will show a menu of options. pick restore ps3 then quick format. *ALL YOUR DATA WILL BE DELETED BUT ITS THE ONLY OPTION!
That sounds like a faulty laser. Unfortunatly,Sony has not fixed this yet and i don't think they will anytime soon. I would suggest cleaning the laser lens first with alcohol and a q tip,if that doesnt work,have the laser lens professionally. If none of the above help,then it's the spindle motor and that can be tested by putting your hand on the ps3 after you slide a disk into the loading slot and feeling for very small vibrations.
My ps3 freezes up every when I am playing Madden 09 and its getting real old. I have to quit my game every time because there is no other way to fix it other than quiting. It doesnt freeze all the time but it has started to alot more a few days ago. Is there something I can do about this?