Hello Everyone!!! I know how it feels when you are in a serious problem and no solution is helpful to you! I have a SAMSUNG SGH E250 and 1GB KINGSTON micRO SD card. I faced the same "Write protected" problem and I searched for this solution and didnt find a good one! NO SOLUTION HELPED ME!.. First of all I would like to tell all the Solution Submitters that micRO SD card doesnt have a switch on it but its adapter have it. I know those who have card readers can put their Cards in the adapters and slide the lock downwards (or to opposite direction) and after that they can put that adapter into Card reader and the problem will be solved !!! But this solution is for those who doesnt have card readers !!!
SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM:-
1. Put the card into the slot of your mobile and connect it via USB cable to your PC.
2. If you do have a driver CD of your mobile then install all the drivers.
3. When you are done and can see the card as "Removable disk" on your PC then Go to Tools in Top ( File, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools, Help) Then Folder Options - View - Show hidden files (tick on the Show hidden files) and also tick on the "Show system hidden files (This is important). Then Apply - OK...
4. Open the Removable Disk (Your Memory Card), You will find a hidden system file. Just delete that file with some special softwares (manual deleting will not let the file delete coz its write protected).
5. Try to copy some file in it, if it allows you to copy then CHEERS!!!
6. If not then reformat it with your mobile phone..
Actually I accidently did the same steps and deleted the esamsung something file and I SUCCEDED !!!
Same applies with All USB pendrives and Memory Cards...
HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU !!!.
IF NOT THEN LET ME KNOW YOUR PROBLEMS IN DETAIL AND MAIL IT ME at firstname.lastname@example.org
I WILL FIND A SOLUTION FOR IT..