Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Will not pick up paper. Keeps telling me it's out of paper when it isn't.
1. This issue might be caused by any of the following:
2. The paper trays are empty or overloaded.
3. The paper is curled.
4. The paper-width guide is pressed against the paper stack too tightly.
I would like to inform you that this issue can be resolved by following steps.
Disclaimer: A power reset sets the product to factory defaults.
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and
disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power only.
4. Repeat steps 2-4 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the USB
cable from the all-in-one to your computer.
6. Restart your computer and check the functionality.
Plug the All-in-One directly into a wall outlet:
Use these steps to make sure the product is properly connected to a suitable
1. Make sure the computer and the product have a three-prong power plug.
2. Remove the product power cord from any power strips or surge suppressors,
and then plug it directly into a grounded wall outlet.
This should resolve the issue. However, if the issue persists, I request you to
perform Semi Full Reset.
Semi Full Reset:
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these
1. Press Red Eye Removal & Print Photos button simultaneously
2. Enter Special Key Combo is displayed on the screen.
A. Press and release in sequence "Red Eye Removal", "Print Photos", "Red Eye
B. Display should say "Support" and display the FW rev XXXXX.
3. Press Right Arrow button until "Reset Menu" is displayed. Press OK.
4. Press Right arrow until "Semi full Reset" is displayed.
5. Press OK.
After the Semi-full reset I still had to fiddle with the paper tray but it did work.
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2017 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 12, 2017 | Fellowes Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 10, 2017 | Brother International Brother MFC-9325CW...
Jan 09, 2017 | Sharp Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 29, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 11, 2011 | Okidata 591 Printer
Oct 24, 2008 | OKI C5100n Laser Printer
1,125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!