- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is most likely caused by either a somewhat flaky power connection inside or on the back side of your car's cigarette lighter socket, assuming that you are using your 9500i's standard coiled Smartcord, or it is caused by excessive alternator ripple (electrical noise). Usually installing the optional direct wire power cable resolves this issue. Also Escort can reprogram your 9500i to desensitize its laser circuitry, but it would be better to try the direct wire power solution first. The direct wire solution usually resolves this problem, especially if you tap power in your fuse box from one of the higher amperage fuse terminals such as 15A. Why? Because the higher amperage fuses have heavier cable leading directly back to your car's battery and tend to be more free of electrical noise.
I dont know the exact amp rating on the ESD9000 you could probably get away with a 1 amp fused cig plug. Using a cig plug this is basically direct to your battery. You can use any universal cig plug adapter as long as you make sure you have the polarity set correctly, usually on the Cobra radars the center is positive.
The same has happened to me. Instead of monkeying with it i got two pieces of velcro. Put one on the top of the dashboard and the other on the bottom of the radar. Dashboards are usually highest over the instrument cluster so I mounted mine just to the right of that giving me a good height like when on the windshield, its out of your way, and still near the cig lighter. Mine works great in that position, I have not noticed any difference in function and it still saves me. ha!
most likely u have a bad connection with ur cigarette lighter or the fuze in the end of the wire that goes into the cigarette lighter the cap screws off and theres a fuze there or there is a small cut in the wire or kink in it that if shutting off the power to it,.or the tip in the plug that goes into the detector isnt fuly pushed in but i believe its a fuze hope this helps