Question about Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright Steam Vacuum
I have used my Bissell Proheat twice and now it will not shampoo. I have thouroughly cleaned it with warm water and still neither the attachment or head will release shampoo. Please help!
If your floor cleaner doesn't spray, chances are the heater unit is clogged. It is easy to fix if you have a few simple tools and are mechanically inclined.
Steps to fix:
- The heater unit is located inside the body of the machine, behind the power/heater switches. Remove 6 screws and split the case open.
- The silver metal "box" inside is the heater unit. Take note of how the hoses and wires are connected. Better yet, take a digital photo for reference.
- Remove the wires and hoses.
- Take the box to a work bench, and unscrew the 6 or 7 screws that hold on the lid. Don't lose the red washers that are found on the inside of the box that keep water from leaking out of the screw holes
- You'll see a "maze" where the water runs around to get heated up. Clear this of all debris. The inlet and/or outlet ports may also be clogged. I used an appropriate sized drill bit mounted on an electric screwdriver to carefully "drill" out the clogs. Make sure all the debris has been removed. I used an electric screwdriver because my 18v DeWalt hammer drill would have been overkill :)
- Reassemble to box
- Rewire and plumb the box according to your notes or reference photo.
- Put the machine back together.
Doing this saved me a $85 repair and took 30 minutes. My machine now works perfectly.
Posted on Dec 14, 2007
Very simple solution for me. Have you checked the thin tube, ~ 4-5 inches long, attached to the seal/lid for the little formula tank (goes into the tank after refill, as you're closing the lid back up)? Mine is no longer below the formula level once the formula tank is about 3/4 full or less AS USED, meaning secured on the machine. I simply snipped off the tube to about 1 inch long, and voila, it's below the formula level and able to **** it up/out until the tank is about 1/4 full, at which point it's time for a refill anyway.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
I ran into the same problem twice on my Bissell ProHeat Platinum II (Model# 1699). I.e. the flow-indicator is not spinning and will not spray any water. First, check the pump belt to see if it is broken. Water won't spray if the pump is not working. If you don't know where it is, see this file on the Bissell site: http://www.bissell.com/images/UserGuides/6960W.pdf. I replaced the pump belt and it works again. It is not that hard to replace. Second, make sure the water tank and the shampoo tank are seated properly in place. In my case, the rubber gasket on the water tank fell off and the tank will not "load" properly in place. It works again after I re-installed the gasket back into the water tank.
Posted on Aug 14, 2007
I dont own one personally but I am borrowing one. The bottom part (for the floor) it dont work but its the belt Im already fixing that. The tools used to work but I tried to clean yesterday and the hose will **** up water if you throw the water on the floor but it wont spray any out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
Check for pluged hose at heater in lower part of handle .i had same problem. flush system with hot water after using
Posted on Dec 11, 2007
I had exactly the same problem as you. only used the machine twice and it would not release shampoo/water. i ended up taking to the authorized repair facility in my area and they fixed it for $80 (almost twice what i paid for) what the technician told me is that when shampoo stays in the machine, it well crystallize and it would clog the lines. he suggested that before storing the machine run the machine with pure water and do not store shampoo in the container. good luck
Posted on Jun 30, 2007
Bissel 1699 Pro Heat Clearview Plus- dumps entire load of soap after a few minutes of use and flow indicator doesn't spin.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 17, 2012 | Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Cleaning...
Apr 13, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Nov 24, 2009 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
May 29, 2009 | Bissell 7950 ProHeat Upright Wet/Dry...
May 25, 2009 | Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright...
Oct 20, 2008 | Bissell 9200 Upright Vacuum
May 16, 2008 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Nov 10, 2007 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
5,799 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!