Question about Microwave Ovens
Appears to work but nothing gets hot
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
is usually caused by either a bad door switch or a loose door switch
mount, which are pretty simple problems to fix.
It sounds like the switch is not activating properly, and the inside light, turntable and magnetron cooling fan are not coming on.
If the magnetron runs without the cooling fan, it will overheat and its thermostat will interrupt the power to the oven until it cools back down.
Door switch or mount trouble is usually caused by slamming the door or by opening the door while it's cooking without hitting the Stop pad first.
There are plastic mounts inside the microwave which hold the door switches and onto which the door latches lock when you close the door.
The screws on these mounts may be loose. If they get too loose, the switches will not be activated properly.
Sometimes it's a broken tab on the switch holder, allowing the switch to rotate just out of position. This tab can be hard to see, since it is under the bottom edge of the switch.
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical information on safety, disassembly and door switches at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa:.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Their customer service # is 0845-658-9700, their business # is 0161-947-3000, and you can e-mail them firstname.lastname@example.org. I could not find a manual on their website so I guess you will have to the above #'s wurstdude
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
Just open the top cover and find the location of the bulb , it may be in the right side near the control panel. Remove the bulb and get a similar bulb with the same rating from any electrical shop and fix it
Posted on May 26, 2009
SOURCE: russell hobbs rhm2002
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. This is the component that produces the microwaves that heats the food. The cost of the magnetron is about 95% of the cost of a microwave oven. Most people don't, for this reason, replace the magnetron, they replace the whole oven which is probably what you will end up doing. There is a possibility that the circuit that provides power to the magnetron is faulty and you need to take it apart, find the proper electrical leads and test them with a volt meter. To do this you have to remove it from its mounting and take it apart. It is a fairly lengthy process however. Benjamin
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2016 | Russell Hobbs Microwave Ovens
Dec 24, 2014 | Russell Hobbs Microwave Ovens
Nov 28, 2014 | Russell Hobbs Microwave Ovens
Sep 19, 2014 | Russell Hobbs Microwave Ovens
Jul 22, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 14, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 21, 2011 | Russell Hobbs Microwave Ovens
Sep 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
175 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!