Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

What type of pipe should I use to replace my broken underground water line. I live in the Atlanta, GA area.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 13 Answers

You will need to check on building codes. Copper is usually best from meter to house.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Im using a salamander heater to thaw out frozen pipes in a double wide, been running for 3 hrs. I still do not have water! Could the underground pipe be frozen,if so how do I fix this?

just keep heating it, if it is frozen underground heating will be the only way once unfrozen let one tap drip a bit to stop it from freezing again

Feb 19, 2015 | Water Heaters

1 Answer

How do i eliminate moisture from an underground,natural gas galvanized gas line. I have no gas flow to my garage or my 75k garage heater.

Check on the local codes governing gas piping, but it would be my suggestion to consider abandoning the existing line IF you are sure there is a compromise to its integrity allowing water to enter. I would think if water ENTERS...then GAS has to be able to excape. It'd be a lot of condensation that's required to either just block the line or freeze and block the line. If it freezes due to lack of depth, it's going to rupture anyway sooner or later necessitating replacement.

At the above ground location before where it goes subterranean, (after checking the codes), consider installing the appropriate brass fittings to then allow a new underground copper line to be installed by attaching by means of an iron pipe to flare adapter in the appropriate size. Then utilize type L soft roll copper to lay in the new trench to the garage and tie it into the existing line inside the wall. Type L is the thick walled soft tubing and can be used in many locations for gas, whereas Type M soft copper tubing is thin walled tubing for use with water and not gases. Your area may not allow it. That's what building inspectors are for.

Before proceeding, MAKE SURE your line is in fact the problem then double check with a local authority whether or not copper materials are recommended along with brass fittings for the connections. IF the original and suspected problematic gas line is for sure GALVANIZED it is not in any way approved for use with natural gas. It is probably black iron pipe.

Jan 03, 2015 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

What is the best method for retro-fitting a residential water line with a protective shroud, so that a concrete driveway can be poured over it?

Depending how deep it is underground there might not be a solution.
First of all waterline should be below the frost line, about 36" to 42". Anything shallower that that it might be asking for trouble from freezing if you live in a cold climate. If you can open one end of the water line you might try putting a steel pipe (schedule 80) around it then back filling with gravel prior to the concrete install. If you can't open one end of the water pipe cut a piece of culvert pipe in half, place both sides around the pipe, then use tie wire or clamps to keep the halves together then back fill with gravel.

Aug 24, 2013 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I need to replace a TIMER knob for a Euro-Pro toaster oven: Model TO161-FS Where can I find it in the Atlanta, GA area? Chris Loscavio Canton, GA

I have a really long address that lists places on the internet that carry parts. Maybe you can order the knob. Here is the address:

Good Luck!
<a href=""></a>

Feb 03, 2011 | Euro-Pro Toaster Ovens

1 Answer

I have williams floor heater model#4505622 which was installed April, 2010. It was working in Nov, but there was heavy rain that month. One day in Dec, 2010, it stopped working. The pilot is off. I called...

Your final question is an excellent one!
YES!-- they SHOULD BE!-- Are they truly, tho?- I doubt it!
and unless the power feed, and the thermostat connections come in from above the floor line, there invariably will be ways for water to get into this box!
So-- Can you shine a light down thru the floor grating, and can you see signs of water having gotten into the equipment?-- Can you remove the grate, and check it out closely?
Let us now what you find-

Jan 08, 2011 | Williams 4505622 (NG) Gas Heater

1 Answer

I need a replacement power adapter for my toshiba satellite ps171u-11993h. I live in the atlanta, ga area. Need to know a price range for this and location or phone number to get one. Thank you. Also on my...

The jumping around is you having your wrists too close to the touchpad, the touchpad is picking up signals from your wrists and moving the cursor to another area while you are typing. You can turn up the sensitivity on the touchpad properties to take care of the problem. The power adapter can be purchased on Ebay for approx. 30-40- dollars. Try to stay away from the very cheap 12-18 bucks, they are usually shipped out of Hong Kong, are cheap and get very hot. The other ones are in the USA, can handle the punishment and have warranties that actually are good. Just make sure you keep all your reciepts and paperwork.

Sep 07, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite 1715XCDS Notebook

1 Answer


PLease try look on google. On internet you can find almost everything.
Tipe LCD sony DCR-SR42 and see what you can find. Good luck


Sep 01, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-SR42 Camcorder

1 Answer

Where can I find a (1lb) proprane tank for portable

That should be a screw on type of propane cylinder, which should be readily available at stores like Wal-mart, Sears, Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, Etc.

Apr 19, 2009 | George Foreman GGR62 Grill

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

72 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16037 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

35726 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides