Question about Belkin Computers & Internet
If what you are referring to is a Belkin Wireless Router you may need to login from the Internet Explorer browser and type in the IP address of the router. Typical routers are set to 192.168.1.1 but if this does not work for yours you may need to do a few steps to find it...
1. Click on the start button on the desktop and click run...
2. type cmd and press enter
3. type ipconfig and press enter
there will be an entry that shows up that says 'Default Gateway' this will more than likely be the IP address you need to use to get to the login page for your router.
If the problem you are having is not actually getting to the router login but you don't know the password is... then you will have to do a hard reset of the router resetting everything back to the factory settings.
1. there will be a reset button on the back of the router
2. while the router is plugged in and the lights are on use something to push and hold the reset button in.
3. when... A. The lights on the box shut off. B. 5 - 10 seconds has passed...
4. pull out the power cord from the back of the box **WHILE STILL HOLDING THE RESET BUTTON IN**
5. now release the reset button and plug the power back in.
6. allow the router to preform its bootup and then attempt loggin in again.
**after doing the reset it will use the original logins as well for the router, typically...
Username: admin Password: password
Username: Password: admin
there may be other possible logins that it defaults to as well.
Posted on Oct 29, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2016 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Feb 11, 2015 | Belkin Computers & Internet
May 02, 2014 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Sep 23, 2011 | Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router...
Sep 03, 2011 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Aug 02, 2011 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Dec 01, 2010 | Belkin (54G F5D7230UK4) Wireless Router
Sep 26, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Oct 01, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Aug 20, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 03, 2018 | Belkin Computers & Internet
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: