Question about Belkin PC Desktops
If what you are referring to is a Belkin Wireless Router you may need to login from the Internet Explorer browser and type in the IP address of the router. Typical routers are set to 192.168.1.1 but if this does not work for yours you may need to do a few steps to find it...
1. Click on the start button on the desktop and click run...
2. type cmd and press enter
3. type ipconfig and press enter
there will be an entry that shows up that says 'Default Gateway' this will more than likely be the IP address you need to use to get to the login page for your router.
If the problem you are having is not actually getting to the router login but you don't know the password is... then you will have to do a hard reset of the router resetting everything back to the factory settings.
1. there will be a reset button on the back of the router
2. while the router is plugged in and the lights are on use something to push and hold the reset button in.
3. when... A. The lights on the box shut off. B. 5 - 10 seconds has passed...
4. pull out the power cord from the back of the box **WHILE STILL HOLDING THE RESET BUTTON IN**
5. now release the reset button and plug the power back in.
6. allow the router to preform its bootup and then attempt loggin in again.
**after doing the reset it will use the original logins as well for the router, typically...
Username: admin Password: password
Username: Password: admin
there may be other possible logins that it defaults to as well.
Posted on Oct 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2011 | Microsoft PC Desktops
Nov 27, 2010 | PC Desktops
Sep 15, 2010 | PC Desktops
Sep 09, 2010 | PC Desktops
Dec 09, 2008 | Belkin PC Desktops
Nov 07, 2008 | Belkin PC Desktops
Sep 30, 2008 | Belkin PC Desktops
Aug 22, 2008 | Belkin PC Desktops
Jul 17, 2008 | Belkin PC Desktops
May 06, 2008 | PC Desktops
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: