Question about HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
This printer is connected to a network. Both the router lights and the network troubleshooter detect the printer but claim it is not powered on. I have tried restarting the printer, the router, and the computer but no luck. Printer is plugged into a battery backup that is completely powered up; the printer and other peripherals are all receiving power just fine. It was all working just great until I shut it down for a few days and problems began after powering up on return home.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
When the problem arises, can you ping the printer from a workstation? Can you access the web management page (by typing the ip adress in your browser's adress bar) If you got one, you can also try to place a Jet Direct network card in the printer, in case your onboard network adapter is defective. I would start with this, good luck!
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
please do not assign dynamic IP on the network printer. give a static IP on it base on your network config. and also, please do assign all you computers on the network with static IP's so that every time they boot there will be no IP conflict or problem on the network connection.
Posted on Mar 05, 2010
Apparently some defective components were used in the construction of the logic board (see photo). On my C6180 there were 3 failed capacitors (the green cylinders - the puffed top indicates failure) and a 4th from the same manufacturer (TEAPO - many unfavorable web references to this manufacturer). I purchased 3x 330uF 16V and 1x 680uF 10v rated to 105 degrees Celsius (total about 60cents). On the logic board, the capacitors I replaced are labeled C613, C614, C660 and C662. If you are not comfortable replacing the parts yourself (or don't have a soldering tool), you will have to find someone who will. The time to repair should be less than 30 min - I did it in 25 min with only a solder pen. This also fixed the ink system failures the printer was having. A similar fix may apply to other printers produced by HP around this time.
Posted on Oct 03, 2010
You have to self diagnose the printer by your self. Please try this solutions.
1. Usually it is getting offline when the main computer that connects directly to the printer is off and you are only sharing from this computer through a router or a switch hub. Sure it will mention that the printer is offline and cannot print anything. You need that workstation to be open to be able to connect to the printer.
2. If not, check the cable connection connecting from your computer to the switch hub or router. Maybe it is just loosen for some reasons. Remove the cable to the router and plug it again. Turn off your printer and your computer and turn it on again. Try to print test page.
3. If not, try to unplug the printer cable connecting from the computer to the printer and maybe just loose up. Turn off your computer and printer, after turn it on again. Try to print test page.
4. If still not working, it not something to do with the hardware problem. I believe is it software problem, maybe you upgrade software or install software that harms your printer. Uninstall some programs from the computer that corrupted the driver files. If you upgrade the main computer, I suggest to uninstall and reinstall the printer software.
5. If not, try to replace the port (whether usb port) and maybe this is the problem. Try to turn off the unit and turn it on again.
6. If not, replace the cable connection from to the switch hub, close all the PC unit and print and try to print again.
Here is the only diagnostics solution I can give to you. Good Luck and Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Jan 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 25, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 12, 2014 | HP DeskJet 1220c InkJet Printer
Nov 20, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 20, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Oct 14, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 04, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Oct 12, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5100 All-In-One Printer
Mar 15, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: