Question about Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4050 Notebook
I want to reset my laptop to factory settings. I have tried multiple things and can not find any place where the recover laptop to out of box state exsits. I have entered into the BIOS and there is no option to recover the laptop to factory, or reset with system image or any of those things even in the Advanced option screen. I simply just want to reset the laptop back to original out of box settings and I can not do this for some reason. I have even used the Windows 7 64bit restore disk and still do not have the recovery option! Please help me reset my laptop to factory settings. Thank You!
The recovery partition is basically the same as the Toshiba restore CD if your model has one. The restore partition is located on a separate partition on the hard disk (if it has one).
If your model Toshiba laptop has a Restore partition on thehard drive then follow these steps to restore your Toshiba to the Out of theBox condition.
1. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power buttononce to switch on
2. When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
3. When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the systemrecovery.
4. Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
5. Select Recover to out-of-box state.6. Click Next again.
7. Click Next to Start recovery.
8. Restart the Toshiba laptop when there restoration process finishes running.Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to set up the laptop's date, timeand language settings.
Posted on Feb 25, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Did you know you only get ONE shot at creating a recovery disc? And most of the time it is garbage, just like Vista.
He tried to put XP on it and failed? weird.
A couple things you can do...
1. Get your hands on a Vista disk. If you know anyone that works in IT, you can borrow a Vista disk. Do a complete fresh install. Use your "Product Key" and you will have your own Licensed, perfectly legal version of Vista.
2. Get yourself a copy of XP. Delete all partitions, then create a new one. Don't try to save that Vista recovery partition...it's toast. I recommend XP, but I'm a dinosaur.
If you know anyone that works in IT, you can borrow
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
SOURCE: I have a satalite 300
try using ActiveBoot suite v5.0.5, when turnig on your computer. This program will scan your computer and show u all the errors,missing files, wrong dll,...and repair them. It worked very well for me as I had a TROJAN virus on my Toshiba satellite 300 and couldn't even boot anymore.
After that try use the RegistryBooster tool witch solves every windows problems.
I hope this will help. Good luck :)
Posted on Mar 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2015 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Mar 02, 2015 | Toshiba Satellite Pro C650-Z2510T Notebook
Nov 03, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Oct 01, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite 1800-S207 Notebook
Oct 15, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 (L300-EZ1502)...
May 25, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L655-S5101 Laptop
Mar 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4427 Notebook
Apr 30, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A65-S1062 Notebook
2,115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: