Question about Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Printer leaking ink on right side, only Epson ink, brand new cartridges, seems to only be dark colors, second time it has happened. I have seen others with similar post but no resolution to issue. How do I fix it?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you can take it to repair shop and they will clean the head for you with some cleaning fluid if it has been without ink for a while sometimes these get blocked but it is not worth replacing cus would cost more than the printer as the ink cartridge you brought was originall then this isnt the problem check all cables if not better off buying new printer as these are not made to last long sorry couldnt be any,more help...........................
Posted on Nov 05, 2007
SOURCE: Epson rx580 printer
I just started calling Epson's customer service line every time. They always offered to FEDEX new ink. I got tired of waiting for it to come and began returning bad cartridges to office depot where I had bought it and found out that they will take it back if it doesn't work. Now I've decided that some (a lot) of Epson's ink cartridges for the RX580 are bad and that I just have to keep trying until I get ink cartridges that work. I had tried the qtip cleaning, checking the ink/sensor connection, and making sure I had them snapped in tight. I've finally figured out it IS the ink. BTW, I always use the ink Epson reccomends, so it is definately that many of their cartridges are faulty. It's a pain to have to return them but as long as I can return and replace them and eventually have a machine that will print when I need it to, I can live with that.
Posted on Mar 12, 2008
If you updated your mac then what happens is a generic driver (GIMP/CUPS) got installed. Do the following:
To remove any previous Epson printer driver files and get a good working install of the latest download for the Intel Duo Core, do the following:
1. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
2. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTERS folder.
4. Drag the EPSON folder to the trash can.
5. Close any open windows.
6. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
7. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
8. Double click on the RECEIPTS folder.
9. Delete any "Epson" receipts. Close back to desktop.
10. Open the OS X "Printer Setup Utility".
11. Select the "Printer Setup Utility" menu at the top of your screen and click "Reset Printing System...". Confirm resetting.
12. Close all open windows and restart your computer.
If you have not done so already, use the following steps to obtain the download for the new Intel Duo Core driver:
1. Go to http://support.epson.com
2. Select Printers then Inkjet then your printer model.
3. Under "Drivers and Downloads" select Macintosh.
4. Download only the driver marked for the Intel Duo Core system.
Printer Driver v3.0aAs
Intel-based Macs with OS X (v10.4.4 or later)
epson11769.dmg - 12.4MB - posted on 02/06/06
1. Double-click on the "epson11769.dmg" file and follow prompts to create an "epson11769_r1800_printer_driver_30aas" disk image on your desktop.
2. Open the disk image. Double-click the "SPR1800Series 30a" installer icon to begin the installation.
3. Follow prompts to complete installation. Restart Mac once the install is complete.
Do the following to add the printer once the new downloadable Intel Duo Core driver has been downloaded and installed properly:
1. Connect printer.
2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
3. Click ADD.
4. Ensure you are on the Default Browser window.
5. Highlight printer as it appears under Printer Name.
6. For "Print Using" select "Epson Stylus R1800" if this automatically appears on the list. If this does not appear, select OTHER (not "Epson" - which links you to GIMP drivers, which we don't recommend or support). NOTE: if you are using a firewire connection, the printer name may appear as a letter only - ie "E" for "Epson". This is normal.
7. A new window opens where you can Browse to the hard drive location of:
HD > Library > Printers > Epson > Inkjet Printers
(This location contains all the Intel Duo Core Epson driver plugins, be they resident or downloaded.)
8. Highlight/Select the plugin for your printer model in the Inkjet Printers folder, then click OPEN.
9. Use the up/down arrows at the end of "Print Using" again to (re)select the printer's name, which will now appear at the TOP of the "Print Using" list.
10. Click ADD. The new downloaded driver will now be added on the list.
11. If there are other printers on the list, ensure the Epson is made default before testing.
When you are working with a printer model which supports borderless and/or roll paper printing options, you will be able to select these options in the program you are printing from as you set up your print job.
1. Once you have an image or file open, go to File > Page Setup.
2. For "Format For" select the Epson printer name (rather than "Any Printer").
3. Select the appropriate Paper Size. If your printer supports different layout features, each paper size will have several different options. For example, the 4x6 paper size will have an arrow pointing right which offers choices of 4x6 Borderless, 4x6 Standard-Minimize Margins, etc. Pick the paper type plus layout/margin option you want to use here.
4. Click OK on Page Setup. You are now ready to print.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Driver could be corrupt.
Normal 0 Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
SOURCE: Intel Mac: epson R2400
download the R2880 driver and use that for printing. When you instal it, it is located in the Library>Printers>PPDs It should work a lot better after you do that.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Feb 12, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Sep 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Aug 19, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 04, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Apr 26, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 18, 2008 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 14, 2006 | Epson Stylus 880 InkJet Color Printer
Feb 06, 2017 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!