Question about Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
On switch on, with the selector on Still or Movie, the lens cover will not fully open and there is a rasping noise. The screen displays the current view with a message "Turn the power off and on again". Doing this doesn't correct the problem. On switch off the lens cover will not close.Switch on in view folders or set up mode , the lens cover closes and the functions work OK.
You need to go in and physically open the lens cover.
1. take out batteries 2. remove memory card + the small phillips screw.
3. remove the 3 remaining exterior screws. carefully with a small flat tip screwdriver pry the plastic halves slowly. eventually they will come apart. 4. at the bottom remove the small ribbon cable. 5. disconnect the mini motor wire, black and red. 6. unscrew the motor drive for the lens cover and then open the lens. 7. purchase a new lens cover motor. 8. If your screen still says turn off , then press menu and delete some files. good luck ! Work Slowly and carefully and ground your hands to a pipe somewhere before working on the unit. the static electricity could ruin the circuits !
Posted on Oct 06, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: DSC P52 cybershot camera
I cannot provide the answer but i think it may have something to do with the shutter mechanism. When you dropped it, something inside the mechanism may have bent or stopped. Don't take the camera apart yourself, take it to a specialist such as an electronics store. I hope this helps. Good Luck!
Posted on Sep 11, 2007
SOURCE: Sony DSC-P52
Take a picture with the camera and download it to your computer. If the picture also shows up black, then this sounds like it might be a defective CCD imager. If so, Sony should fix this for you for free, including free shipping both ways. This is regardless of your camera's warranty status. Please check the following link for more info:
Applicable cameras include:
Cyber-shot DSC-F717, F88, P10, M1, P12, P2, P31, P32, P51, P52, P7, P71, P72, P8, P92, T1, T11, T3, T33, U10, U20, U30, U40, U50, U60, V1
CD Mavica MVC-CD250, CD400, CD500, and FD Mavica MVC-FD100, FD200
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
SOURCE: cybershot DSC-P52
This site will take you to a free download location for a PDF version of your user manual for this camera. On page 60 it gives details on how to set up the "special effects" for b&w picture taking.
1.Set the mode selector to the "Camera" icon.
2. Press "Menu"
3. Select [PFX] (P. Effect) with the horizontal arrows
4. Select the type of effect with the vertical arrows
5. To cancel the picture effect in #3, select "off"
I hope this helps!
Please rate my response if it was helpful to you, thank you!
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2011 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
Jun 03, 2010 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80 Digital Camera
Feb 14, 2010 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
Dec 18, 2009 | Cameras
Apr 07, 2009 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
Nov 25, 2007 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
Sep 11, 2007 | Sony Cybershot S650 Digital Camera
Sep 15, 2005 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
Nov 04, 2008 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!