Question about Hoover Soft Light U4266-940 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Installing belt on Hoover self propelled upright...
Posted by Fryeburger on Jun 02, 2008
Need help installing belt on Hoover self propelled upright vacuum
I would advise you to ALWAYS to FIRST UNPLUG YOUR VACUUM before beginning any service procedure. Hoover Ultra U6430-900 Wind Tunnel Bagged Upright. The best way to install the belt on a Hoover to replace one or both of the belts @ the same time for the best cleaning. The average belt change is every 4 to 6 months for best results. There is a tool that looks like a screwdriver that has a right or left angle on the end that serves as a belt puller and to hook the belt(s) onto the brushroll 1st and then take your puller and then pull or stretch the belt onto the motor pulley. So if you need further assistance, please feel free to contact your local vacuum cleaner dealer in your area or in the yellow pages, or contact the factory phone number or website to further assist you with your questions.
Contact our Customer Service Department at 1.330.499.9499
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. - 7 p.m. EST
http://www.a-1vacuum.com/ 1-800-657-1874 Customer Service
Thanks, Don the Vac Man
Go Ahead. Use Us.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
undo screws on bottom of vac take out brush and belt put belt in then manewver brush in
thank you for useing fixya please rate me
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
SOURCE: Belt replacement
No belt- it is motor driven. what happens to these if the rollers get stuck(by- say, a Lego® or something) is the roller itself has an insert which will break, requiring roller replacement.
simple fix, but costs a little more than a belt. remove two screws holding the roller cover, accessible by flipping the vac over. then figure out which roller is broken, and remove the 2 outer screws on that side. pull the outer bearing cup assembly straight out to remove the rollers.
I have found the rollers as cheap as $3.50 ea/ for generic replacements. Also I reckon any Vac shop would have them on hand.
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2014 | Hoover Vacuums
Disconnect cleaner from electrical outlet.
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Hope this was helpful!
Jun 20, 2014 | Hoover Soft Light U4266-940 Bagged Upright...
Jan 30, 2010 | Hoover U8130 V2 Vacuum
Jan 22, 2010 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
Dec 09, 2009 | Vacuums
Oct 20, 2009 | Hoover S1410 WindTunnel Porta Power Bagged...
Sep 24, 2009 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Sep 08, 2009 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Apr 22, 2008 | Vacuums
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: