Hi I believe that wouldn't be a problem. If you want to do a system recovery, the laptop usually comes with a back up partition where all the files to do system recovery is stored. You can use these files to restore the setting back to the point when you first purchased the item.
All your datas will be erased when you do the System Recovery.
For me guide you on have to access the files, I need the make and model of your laptop.
If the RECOVERY or FACTORY_IMAGE partitions on the hard drive have been deleted OR the files in these partitions have been deleted, these steps will not work. You must use recovery discs.
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all connected devices (such as the Personal Media Drive, USB drives, printer, and fax), remove media from drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly , about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.
- Click Next .
A Microsoft System Restore screen opens.
- Select No, I would like to see other options , and then click Next .
A System recovery screen opens.
- Click Yes , and Next to continue the recovery process.
The Recovery Manager gives you the option of backing up your data files. To do so, read Backing up your files .
- To continue recovery, select No , and then click Next .
A recovery progress screen opens. Wait while files are restored.
- When System Recovery is complete, click Finish
- The computer restarts and continues into Windows setup.
- Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Turn off the computer, reconnect all peripheral devices, and turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect it by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the System Recovery.
- Reinstall any software applications that were added after purchasing the computer, and replace any files that were backed up.
Please rate this solution.